What new products are out this year?

Bart

I know that Gene Begg’s tuner is one of them.

I think Dave Dorhman has some front and rear bags that have a new slick material on them.

Here is a cartridge holder I bought. It holds 5 record shots and keeps them handy. It’s pretty cool but you have to have a Farley rest to take advantage of it.

RCAS.jpg

I tried to get a stopped muzzle device for my 6ppc but I would have had to finish 5 rimfire rifles for Mr. Calfee and guaranteed customer satisfaction. Since I would have to learn to gunsmith I had to pass on the deal.

What else is out there?

Bart

Butch

Nice tuner! I bought one from Shelly when he first came out with them. I couldn't really put it to use the way I wanted to because it put my gun over weight. Since then I have had a rifle built that will allow me to use a tuner. Yours works great.

Bart

Hey Vic,

It was $65.00 Jim Andress 770-876-2351 is selling them or you can get them direct from Derreld Hallenbeck 931-761-5012. They have an ad in the classifieds in the equipment section under Cases and Boxes.

Its a slick little unit.

Bart

Butch can you tell me the size of your tenson screws?
I have a scott hunter rest and was wondering if they will fit.
Jim

There is a new carburetor coming out that will fit any engine and the builder guarantees 124 miles per gallon and you'll still get dragster-like accelleration.

Yeah, was on cover of Popular Mechanics, Oct. 1954 :rolleyes:

Let's not forget about Bart and his new BT's. OH...and I got a new wife that likes to drive me to matches, cleans cases, gets me food, buys me guns (says it's only money and SHE makes it) and is very, very pretty. And by the way, she's NOT FOR SALE and I don't know where you can get one...he..he. :D

Hovis

Let's not forget about Bart and his new BT's. OH...and I got a new wife that likes to drive me to matches, cleans cases, gets me food, buys me guns (says it's only money and SHE makes it) and is very, very pretty. And by the way, she's NOT FOR SALE and I don't know where you can get one...he..he. :D

Hovis

I have one of those to. Shes an older model,knows how to pull targets and do the stats at matches.
Chuck.

Hovis she may not be for sale, but would you maybe rent her out?

Bart

A lot of things have come about in the past couple of years.
I think we finally have the scope thing fixed, whether it be with a locked scope and external adjustable mounts, or the March. Either will allow you to be worry free about a problem that has plagued Benchrest for decades.
You know what I think of tuners. About the only thing I can say about my own design is it works, and is user friendly. I have won a few aggs using it.
From what Dave Kiff has told me, the .269 neck has really caught on. While it is no better accuracy wise, it sure makes neck turning a breeze.
Figuring out how to make the various 00 Radius bullets shoot with 133. I get at least one call a week asking, I just give them the old, "Jam them untill the marks are twice as long as they are wide, put lots of 133 in, and go from there". From the responses I get, this is the hot ticket, especially with a Krieger 13.5 twist.
One thing on the horizon is Henslers Electronic Flags. I can personally attest to how well this contraption does in really heavy conditions. Most who say it is all smoke and mirrows have not had to shoot against it. The Wiesdorn Flag rotation will be using it in conjunction with the regular flags in Phoenix.
I think Benchrest is a ever evolving sport. Many who say 'you all shoot the same thing' are ignorant of the little things that individules do to improve the agging capability of the combination. Little things like matching the throat and freebore to an individule bullet, or matching a given bullet to a certain twist.
That, and the fact that we have a very healthy supply market. Everything from Actions, Stocks, Brass, Powder, and of course, Bullets, as allowed more shooters than ever to explore the Ultimate in Rifle Accuracy........jackie

Last edited:
Hovis, is she also paying for your new Vette, Audi, rifles and ,,,,,,,,,,,? The guys at the club say she definitely hasn't bought you a watch since you can't make it to the matches on time!

Glad your happy!!!! See you around 1:30 this weekend. (match starts at 1:00)

Mark...

I was just getting ready to email you Mark. I thought the shoot was this Sunday. We'll be there. She'll probably be shooting this weekend, I need to get there early to try and get the Borden ready for her.

This last weekend I was talking to George Kelbly about the March Scopes and she asked me if I wanted one, of course I said I'd like to have one, she said "why don't I just buy you two or three because you may need a couple of more for future". And that's after she heard the price. God I love HER !!!

Hovis

Back