WANTED: Benchrest Art

TylerT

Rio Grande Benchrest Shooting Club is looking to update our current artwork for our trophies and apparel. Looking for some of our fellow shooters that are creative and would like to help us out, we would really appreciate it. Looking to take our trophies from blah to having pizzazz. We want to create trophies that people will really want to take home & show off.

If interested, please contact Todd Tyler at tylert74@aol.com

Tyler, what in particular are you looking for, sketches, skulpting or paintings and of what in particular

In my opinion,

some of the nicest plaques I have seen were those that were made on the outline of the Stare the event was held in. Having said that, Ron Hohen's plaques are darn nice. Two of our ranges have purchased those for the coming season.

Not sure what I want

I found a trophie shop here in Albuquerque that does laser engraving.I am thinking some line art of a man,bench,and rifle ready to shoot.Something new,and modern looking.Like to get some art work of a rifle and a BR target too.I saw one trophie that had a decal on it with lots of detail,that would be nice too.I want something simple but looks really good.I really dont like the same old 50ish looking trophies with cheap plastic parts that fall off.So I want something that represents benchrest shooting with a little wow factor to it.I am not good with art work,thats why I am here looking for some help.Thanks Todd Tyler

Hey Todd,

I don't know about you, but my favorite trophies are the ones that are more specific to the location of the match rather than the sport itself. In other words, a laser engraved trophy with the New Mexico state flag on it or perhaps a roadrunner bird rather than the common "guy at sitting at the bench shooting a rifle". Remember Grand Junction's? THeir's look like no other and are sharp looking. I remember coming down to Albuquerque last year and seeing the "welcome to New Mexico" sign south of Cortez. It had the state shape outline on it with the flag emblem and two chile peppers. It was a good looking sign.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
A trophy that pops (or did I leave an o out?)

Instead of those old 50's looking trophies why not take technology by the tail and design a trophy with a cheap sound chip and a picture on the front. May I suggest the picture be of our beloved Southwest Region director: Scott Hunter. With his image on the front the words on the chip should also be his; the beloved and much commented upon Sayings of Scott the Nostradamus of benchrest. In the spirit of billy bass the singing fish once sold in K-marts everywhere I urge you to consider this. Tim

Back