Wallkill Rod & Gun Club IR5050 Matches will be hwld, but LIMITED to 8 SHOOTERS

Bob Griffin

Due to COVID-19, the IR5050 Matches at Wallkill Rod & Gun Club will be limited to 8 shooters this year. That will allow us to run two Relays, and leave an open bench between shooters. There are Currently 7 Shooters signed up. Bob Griffin, Joe Masiello, Pete Roberson, Rich Janeczk, Bob Liedlich, Paul Vobecky and Andy Blan. Thanks.

update - 8 Shooters signed up for Wallkill, we are now full

James Wirehouse has signed up so we now have our 8 shooters. Thanks.

Thanks. With all due respect that was not the question.
Assuming these are sanctioned and not club only matches, kindly explain where,exactly, under the rules, a match director, ANY match director is allowed to pre- fill and entire seasons worth of matches . If in error....my apologies.
Zero question about numbers restriction only the process.

Sounds like Bob's in a tough spot, as we all are trying to figure out how to go about things in these times.
Tim, you know there isn't such a rule. And I get your point, & agree with it. On the other hand, how would it be fair to those that are in it for the SOTY to be asked to stay home as the list is full?
This time sucks for everybody. You guys stay safe & good luck with your season.

Keith

Sounds like Bob's in a tough spot, as we all are trying to figure out how to go about things in these times.
Tim, you know there isn't such a rule. And I get your point, & agree with it. On the other hand, how would it be fair to those that are in it for the SOTY to be asked to stay home as the list is full?
This time sucks for everybody. You guys stay safe & good luck with your season.

Keith

Nobody is in a tough spot. Just like every other match with numbers restrictions, many clubs have to deal with participation limits at present, you sign up first come first served until you hit your limit.
Last I heard, you do not get to make up your own sign up procedure for a season, especially if it is non public.
Pretty simple really.
Guys earn points under a national sanctioning body for essentially, closed matches? Explain to me where , anywhere in the country, where this has happened.

Last edited:
Nobody is in a tough spot. Just like every other match with numbers restrictions, many clubs have to deal with participation limits at present, you sign up first come first served until you hit your limit.
Last I heard, you do not get to make up your own sign up procedure for a season, especially if it is non public.
Pretty simple really.
Guys earn points under a national sanctioning body for essentially, closed matches? Explain to me where , anywhere in the country, where this has happened.
I would make sure my regulars, the one's that have been there all along, have the opportunity to shoot.
I'd like to be a fly on the wall if you had to be turned away from Camillius because the roster was full before you got there.
You come on out to Maine Tim, I'll have a spot for you. I might even take you striper fishing.

Keith

I want to make one thing clear. Other than myself, I DID NOT SIGN ANYONE UP or PICK AND CHOOSE WHO to have shoot. First the eight shooter limit was established due to COVID-19, not my ideas or choosing. I then came up with using odd benches on Relay 1 and even on relay 2 to maintain distance. Once this was established I sent this plan to the folks who normally attend Wallkill to let them know what was going NOTIFIED ME they wanted to shoot and asked me to sign them up and I DID. I then posted the first part of this post to let folks know what was going on and to prevent anyone from traveling a distance to shoot and not be able to as we already had 8. You asked me Tim to show the rule that allows this to happen, WELL TO MY KNOWLEDGE THERE IS NOT ONE. I NOW ASK YOU TO SHOW ME THE ONE THAT SAYS IT CAN NOT BE DONE. I believe the VA state match not long ago had a limit and was initially posted with shooters already signed up. Several of the other shots have limits, pre sign up and turn folks away when full. NUFF SAID.

I want to make one thing clear. Other than myself, I DID NOT SIGN ANYONE UP or PICK AND CHOOSE WHO to have shoot. First the eight shooter limit was established due to COVID-19, not my ideas or choosing. I then came up with using odd benches on Relay 1 and even on relay 2 to maintain distance. Once this was established I sent this plan to the folks who normally attend Wallkill to let them know what was going NOTIFIED ME they wanted to shoot and asked me to sign them up and I DID. I then posted the first part of this post to let folks know what was going on and to prevent anyone from traveling a distance to shoot and not be able to as we already had 8. You asked me Tim to show the rule that allows this to happen, WELL TO MY KNOWLEDGE THERE IS NOT ONE. I NOW ASK YOU TO SHOW ME THE ONE THAT SAYS IT CAN NOT BE DONE. I believe the VA state match not long ago had a limit and was initially posted with shooters already signed up. Several of the other shots have limits, pre sign up and turn folks away when full. NUFF SAID.

What in Gods name is in the water down there. Nobody....including me, has any issue with sign up, distancing, shooter limitations at all, FOR ANY GIVEN MATCH.
Your post seems to imply your list of 8 is set for the entire roster of SOTY matches, closed to anyone attempting a future match.
Simple question........I thought.

What in Gods name is in the water down there. Nobody....including me, has any issue with sign up, distancing, shooter limitations at all, FOR ANY GIVEN MATCH.
Your post seems to imply your list of 8 is set for the entire roster of SOTY matches, closed to anyone attempting a future match.
Simple question........I thought.

Tim
Not for nothing but it is the way you come across and ask questions. It appears that you are pointing fingers and are demanding answer to your questions.
Take a chill pill and try to enjoy the shoots that you have this year with everything going on.
Again Tim take a chill pill.

Russell

I will freely admit that this is none of my business and the parties should feel free to ignore me. Also, I have no dog in this fight. But I do have a question. Is the decision to limit participation due to a ruling of the club's officer, board, etc. or is it done in fear of what some "authorities" may do to penalize infractions?

Rick

Tim
Not for nothing but it is the way you come across and ask questions. It appears that you are pointing fingers and are demanding answer to your questions.
Take a chill pill and try to enjoy the shoots that you have this year with everything going on.
Again Tim take a chill pill.

Russell
Russell, FWIW, maybe you should read #3.
Exactly how does that come across as anything other than a simple question, no more, no less.
1/2 the guys that have posted here have not even understood what the question was......it ain't complicated Russell.

Last edited:
Russell, FWIW, maybe you should read #2.
Exactly how does that come across as anything other than a simple question, no more, no less.
1/2 the guys that have posted here have not even understood what the question was......it ain't complicated Russell.

Tim

Bob answered your question.

If things change and I can have more than 8 shooters I will do that.

Back