Wallkill IR 50/50, 3 Gun & Unlimited Matches Sunday the 15th

Bob Griffin

Sunday Sept 15, 2013 Wallkill Rod & Gun Club will hold both a 3 Gun & an Unlimited IR 50/50 match. The Three Gun Match will start at 9:00 A.M. Followed by the Unlimited Match
Lunch, soda and water will be provided. Hope to see you all Sunday.

Bob,
I would really like to make this one, seeing that it's my last chance to shoot at Wallkill this year. It will all depend on how wiped out I am after the Saturday match at Easthampton.

Best,
Michael

Wallkill

Wow......Well, how'd it go? Fellas....Im home now! Spent 4 LONG days in nyc. for my sons wedding. IMO. Living HELL there. I told everyone concerned, I WILL NEVER RETURN. NO place for this Mountain Man to hide there. Never thought I would hug & kiss an oak tree....but thats how glad I was to be home. HATE that place. cant wait to get back to the bench!! BTW... Went squirrel hunting as soon as I got back, could have shot my limit... but was just to happy to see them!

Hey Ed, I hear ya about NYC. Not my favorite place either. You do kinda get used to it after a couple visits. There are times we take the train down to see a play, get a bite to eat and head on home. Not too bad when you don't have to fight the traffic or have to stay too long. I never got used to the smell of the place though, the hemlock/pine forest, where my house is nestled, smells so much better.

As for the match - hopefully Bob will give a full report. Here's what I remember,

Chris Peterson won the Sporter with a 248 (there were like 5 or 6 248s shot and it came down to X count.) I believe Bob Griffin won the 10.5 with a 250 I think. I won the 13.5 with a 250-20 and won the 3 gun by X count with a 747-48. In the Unlimited, I won UL1 with a 249 by X count. I won UL2 with another 250-20 and Pete Roberson won UL3 with a whopping 250-22. I took the UL Agg with a 749-55 or 56. (I forgot to take my UL targets) The weather was partly cloudy, cool, with light to moderate winds.

Wallkill

Thanx Bill: Yeah, Bob sent me the report. Looks like you guys had a great day at Wallkill! Sure wish I could have been there. Some real nice shooting! Looks like i have some catching up to do. Thanx again bill, seeya soon! Ed.

Back