VV 530, please advise

308sako

Regarding this powder, please describe your experiences with, and recomendations as to it's best applications. Since I just inherited some, there is no point in spreading it on the lawn these days.

6 PPC and .223 most interested.

Thanks in advance.

Tried It

A few years back, we thought that the "30" designation meant that 530 would be the high energy equivelent to N130, which might make it ideal for a 6PPC.

But alas, it turns out it is actually in the same burn category as N135. Too slow......jackie

Last edited:
VV530.

In a .223, it is quite close to H-4895. I used it with some old JLK 60-grain LD (the flat base ones) last winter in the Rockingham winter league for the Factory Class at 200 yards. It shot quite well, equaling 4895 with 62-grain Bergers.

Roy Darnell reported he tried it with a .30 BR. Said it was quite accurate in his rifle, but he couldn't get the velocity.

It probably is too slow for optimal use in a 6 PPC, and if you're going to compete, anything less than optimal won't work. But you might find it quite useful in the .223.

FWIW

Yep, too slow for a 30BR..

I could only get about 2850fps, but I have shot 24X and 25X matches with the load, so speed ain't everything!

Roy

Back