Viht 133 - 2010?

S

SonnyOlsson

Hi all,
Last year I shoot Viht 133, yr 2009 which I found mild (or normal) and had no problems with my upper load window around 30,3-30,6gr in any temperature during the day. This year I have changed to yr2010 which I find much more aggresseive/ hotter then yr 2009 and I have to start to step down from priviouse loads to around 29,8-30,1 when the weather is warmer then +13C, or 55,4F. I can not say if 2009 was mild/ normal powder, or if 2010 is normal/ hot. I have however decided to try them both at the range and check the velocity and if that can tell me anything. 2010 has been eathing through my stack of made 66PPC brass made from the new blue hard case box - Lapua brass.
Can anyone please share their experience of yr 2010 Vithavouri 133?

Thanks/

Sonny Olsson

Across the pond. WE are a little behind the EU.
It takes the COSCO boats a few yrs. to get here.
Last year at Camp Perry, I found some 2008, had the same lot number from the yr. before. Wow. Shoots real good, too.
I bought their last 2 jugs.
I missed the Super Shoot. Not sure what Bruno's or Sinclair had.....

Sonny thanks for the info about the new stuff. I am sure a lot of people will find this interesting......

Hi Sonny!
Summer 2010 I faced the very same dilemma You are having at the moment. I had to back off the load 0.4 gr and adjust the seating depth off about 0,3 mm (hard JAM - 0,8 mm to - 0,4 mm). Otherwise the 2010 lot worked pretty well for me.
See You at Brattvall!
Jari

Zippy06 and Laulumaa, thanks for replying. It was such a big difference between the two yrs that I have been looking around for some feedback but found none. Some shooting colleagues in Sweden do use 2010, but they are not working the loads in the "upper load window". As you say Laulumaa, it really works fine but I will check the velocity on the same loads just to get another bearing on the difference and I will get back to you all if you will find this information interesting.
Laulumaa, unfortunately I will not go to Umeå this year. So either I see you in Åland, Finland or in France at the WC. ps, next year, in between two WC, you will see me shooting only 22-100. I will be examine whether there are any advantagets :D and the 2010 lot of 133 seems good and "aggressive" to use for the 22-100. ps; you can shoot much faster with less recoil :cool:

Sonny have you any info on 2011 vit 133.is it hot or cold??

Hi Mckinni, I do not know anyone in Sweden shooting 2011 yet. I will contact my supplier and see if they have sold any and if they know anything as they are also benchrestshooter. Laulumaa, can you please check with your Finnish shooters what they can say about yr 2011.
I will let you know if I can dig anything up

Olsson

Interesting, the lot that was available at the SS this year was 10-2-2009, by Bruno, Hoehn, and Kelbly's. I haven't seen a later lot yet here in the US.

Jack Neary, Gene Bukys, and Joe Krupa shoot HOT loads.
Maybe they got some of the new stuff.....Maybe they will chime in and help out....
That was last year.
No shooting this. Too many medical problems......

Today I spent the day at the range, first a small competition. Then, fireforming 100 6PPC case out of 220. But I also checked lot 2009 and 2010, and I could not see any larger difference in velocity between the two. However, I get significant pressure signs shooting 2010.

Temperature at the time of my test 25C, or 77F

2009 Viht 133, 56klick (30,6gr) - 1031m/s (3382fps) -1035m/s (3396fps)

2010 Viht 133, 56 klick (30,6gr) - 1037m/s (3402fps)-1039m/s (3409fps)

I will see if I will find anyone using 2011 lot, but so far none

/Sonny

McKinnie, I have talked with some friends in Åland (Finland), and yes you can buy yr 2011 but they do not not know anyone shooting it. In Åland they shoot only Viht 130 from bloody cold weather to nice hot summer days....They would never start shooting 133 any time soon and these shooters are among the best in Europe! One of the shooter is a former WC Benchrest shooter Sune Abrahamsson.
I would think it will be later this year I may start shooting yr 2011, or that is the lot/ treat they will have at WC in France later this year ;)

All the best/ Olsson

Back