Valdada has a new BR scope.

JD Mock

I am in the process of testing Valdada's new BR scope. It is a 36x w/ 42mm objective lens. It has a 30 mm tube and worm gear driven side focus for parallax. The optics are the finest German and the reticle is etched on glass. It is truly a quality optic with 1/8th MOA click adjustments (40 MOA ) and it weighs in at 24 ounces. I will be shooting it at the NBRSA Nationals if anyone would like to see it. Good shooting, James
27yvaj6.jpg

29vhx1y.jpg

Last edited:
Val Leaatu, owner of Valdada optics called and told me that they are offering a fine cross hair reticle. These will be available by September 15th. Good shooting....James

James,I was loaned one back during the spring from a fellow shooter, glass is great, was rock solid, but that 24+ ounces is a tad heavy for a fixed 36x Scope........jackie

The scope that Jackie tested is now mounted on one of my 6.5x284's. At the recent Pinevalley shoot, I used it to shoot the 500 yard egg shoot. Early in the day before the mirage got up, I could see the dental floss that the egg was hanging on. It performed well enough that I won both rounds of the egg shoot. :D
My 30BR would make weight with this scope mounted if I removed the weight from the butt of the rifle.
The only drawback that I see is that the reticle is a bit busy but the dot in the center is nice and small.

Joe

Joe, Valdada now offers a fine crosshair reticle in this scope. I really like the MOA reticle for 600 yard shooting. James

Will it focus close enough to shoot 50 yard rimfire matches?

I don't know the price ($1295-suggested retail). It will focus very close, but I haven't tried 50 feet. Good shooting, James

I just got back from KC and can say that the scope performed flawlessly during the week. James

That's a minor understatement. Good enough for a .17 agg in the 200 yard sporter. If I remember correctly, 2 -. 2's , 2-.3's and 1 - .4 for a very respectable 200 yard agg in tricky conditions. James, there's no need to respond to my private message to you. This post had what I was asking.

Back