Vais Brake?

H

holl

I am thinking about putting a vais brake on a custom barreled Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag. It is a hunting rifle. I have used and like Vais brakes. Have any of you done this and had to start over in your load development? do the proven loads shoot about the same after? this gun does not shoot as well as I think it can and I think recoil is a big part of that...

The rifles I've installed Vais brakes on have shot just as well after the installation as they did before, and I've not noticed any major shift in zero, nor in preferred loads.

That's not a large sample - only three or four of my own rifles, but that's what I've seen.

If the brake is correctly installed accuracy is not harmed. You may have to work a different load and the majority of times you will shoot the heavy kickers more accurately than before the brake.

I have not seen an accuracy loss with the brakes. I have been using the brakes that Harrell makes of late. Prices are right! And they seem to have more recoil reduction than the Vais Brake. But they do make more noise!

ditto on the Harrell's brake,works as it should ,priced right, GREAT people to deal with too,,,,, and every brake I've ever shot was LOUD!!!

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,

DD

Vias Brakes

This guy does a really great job. I have vias brakes on my 270, 7 Mag, and 7 STW.

The 270 kicks like a 22/250, 7 Mag less than a non-braked 270, and the 7 STW like a non-braked 270. I am recoil sensitive.

Every rifle I have ever owned has been more accurate with a brake vs a non brake. I have them on my 6PPC's and 6 BR's as well.

Back