Utah State/Springville LV-HV Results

M

Mike Paul

The first leg of the State Championships was shot this last weekend. We ran 4 relays without a hitch, in fact maybe a touch quicker than 3. Shelby Freeman called the match with a quick target crew, and that helped push things right along.

Weather was cold in the mornings with good blows at times. As things warmed up nicely in the afternoons, conditions got switchy with some serious mirage on Sunday. Look for more details in the NBRSA Match Report.

Utah State Championships
Light/Heavy Varmint

LV-100
1st Bob Sedgwick .2282
2nd Truman Wilson .2458
3rdRoger Freeman .2568

LV-200
1st Roger Freeman .2599
2nd Jim Erickson .2986
3rd Bob Sedgwick . 3097

LV grand
1st Roger Freeman .2584
2nd Bob Sedgwick .2689
3rd Truman Wilson .2867
4th Gil Graser .2984
5th Jim Erickson .3070

HV-100
Keith Kirkman .1916
Bob Bulloch .2138
George Jacobs .2276

HV-200
Bob Sedgwick .2381
Tom Guisewhite .2763
Steve Henager .2798

HV Grand
Keith Kirkman .2510
Tom Guisewhite .2614
George Jacobs .2618
Bob Sedgwick .2661
Steve Henager .2705

2 Gun-
Bob Sedgwick .2675
Roger Freeman .2822
Gil Graser .3012
Keith Kirkman .3033
Jim Erickson .3055

We also had a few new shooters-one of them shot the only teen agg of the match. A big thanks for all who attended, and also helped with setup and teardown. It sure makes a big difference on the workload!
See you in August.

Dave Tunbridge
Mike Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Springville match

Let me be the first to say 'thanks' to Dave and Mike for an incredibly well run match. You know its going well when people are complaining that they are being 'rushed' with four relays.

Congrats to Bob Sedgewick. For being a REALLY old guy, he had the match he has dreamed about. Well done, and well deserved.

Thanks to the 'Arizona Crew' (you know who you are) who donated the traveling trophy for the four-gun. Its a beaut'.

If you have thought about attending this match, put the next one on your calendar. It is worth the drive.

Congrats to all the winners. It was a great match and very well run and very well prepared. Thanks to Dave, Mike, Shelby, the target crew, the birthday girl and everyone who helped take down the tents. Hopefully, the powers that be will let us build some shelters this year and we won't have to use the tents anymore. Then Dave's life will be a bit easier, and I won't have to park a big black trailer in everyone's way anymore (although it did make a pretty nice windblock for the tents I think).

Last edited:
Mike:

It looks like a great time was had by all. This is my first season shooting 100/200 benchrest and I am trying to compete at as many ranges in the South West Region as possible. I shot at Visalia a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. Had it not been for my son's upcoming wedding this week, I had planned on shooting at Springville. Sacramento is also on my list of ranges to visit.

According to the latest NBRSA News, the next Springville shoot is August 2nd and 3rd. Is that correct or is there another match planned for June/July? What is your shooting schedule beyond August?

Sorry for the dumb questions; however, I'm trying to get my schedule coordinated as far in advance as possible.

Thanks;

Jeff

Jef that is correct...

the next Springville match will be the Aug. 2-3, 2008. You will love the range and have a good time. The Aug. match is the second phase of the Utah four gun championship-Sporter and ten shot Unlimited.

Hope to see you then,

Jim

Updated-

Someone pointed out I had made a mistake on the light Varmint agg, and they were right. It has been corrected.

-Mike Paul

Back