Utah State Championship Report?

J

Jeff Welker

Any reports from the match at Springville this weekend?

Sue Blazzard dominates!!!!!!!!

I don't know what the final 2-gun results are, but Sue Blazzard beat us like rented mules in the Unlimited 100 and 200. Congrats Sue, it was a great performance.

It rained like we needed to start looking for paired-up animals on Saturday, with ample amounts of wind (think rain shots). Sunday was a great day to shoot.

If you haven't come to one of these matches in Springville, yet, you are missing out. Dave and Mike run a great match! Thanks guys.

Roger

Jeff here is a quick look...

at the top five in each grand and two gun.

Sporter-

Glen Brace .2825
Gary Vanlier .3180
Lou Murdica .3198
Tom guisewhite .3285
Dean Parker .3372

Unlimited-

Sue Blazzard .2760
Lou Murdica .3025
Dave Blazzard .3065
Glen Brace .3171
Dana Andrus .3356

Sporter/Unlimited-

Glen Brace .2998
Sue Blazzard .3098
Lou Murdica .3112
Gary Vanlier .3427
Tom Guisewhite.3524

Our weather only had one bright spot and that was Sunday afternoon when the rain finally ebbed and the sun came out. There many rain shots... if you fired one on the sighter before going back to your group you could escape from being burnt. The rain for most of Saturday was in our face, not heavy, but damn uncomfortable.

Jim

Thanks for the Update Jim

Congrats to Glen, Sue, Lou and all the shooters. Sounds like a fine time was had by all; weather not withstanding.

Sue has whipped us at Ben Avery more than once before. Lou taught me the trick of going to the sighter during the rain at a recent match at Visalia. I can report it also works great during a hail storm :D

Sue and I had a GREAT time, wind rain, cold and all.
I do have to admit that I'm getting tired of people saying" You know Sue B the shooter? That guy over there is her husband".
Thanks for a good time.

I always enjoy hearing your stories Dave and it was fun shooting next to your wife and seeing those little bugholes appear on her target. She is a sweet lady.:)

It was a GREAT TIME in Springville last week-end. The guys up there put on their usual excellent match. The new loading area is great. They must have put the roof on the wrong side though, because it kept getting wet with all that "horizontal rain", until some carefully placed and nailed down tarps covered the sides.
The target crew deserves a medal for the hard work in really rotten conditions on Saturday.

Oh, sure Sue kicked our backsides, but all wasn't lost. We still had the driving rain, gale force winds and cold to keep us cheered up.

Sunday had the best conditions I have ever seen up there. I wasn't expecting that so I shot poorly anyway.

Thanks again for a great shoot guys.
Dana Andrus

A few pics from the match:

may09downrange.jpg

firinglinemay09.jpg

tinandtarps.jpg

murdicasermon.jpg

windreport.jpg

ericksonspringvillemay09.jpg

PICT0259.jpg

Back