UBR results

J

JackieStogsdill

Sorry for not posting any results before now, but connection is so slow, it is almost impossible to even get online. At 100yds the top 3 places are with the 30BR. I will post final scores later today, or it might even be later and Danny will post results.

Here are the results for custom class. Danny will add the rest when he can.

100yds

1. Steve Jaynes 261 30br
2. Greg Yanders 260 30br
3. James Parham 259 30br

200yds

1. Steve Jaynes 248 30br
2. Steve Jaynes 245 6br
3. Moses Fugate 243 30br

Grand

1. Steve Jaynes 509 30br
2. Steve Jaynes 504 6br (it thinks it's a ppc)
3. Greg Yanders 500 30br

Great shooting guy's, wish I could have been there, but if I want a happy home I will always do whatever my wife wants on her B-Day. Looks like the 30 ruled.

Dan

Even though I couldn't keep my PPC under good supervision with the changing temperatures...It was a great place to be today due to our guest Jackie (Range supervisor and all around handyman)..., Danny Hensley (match coordinator), George (general entrepeneuer and vagabond)... and everyone that shot today along with everyone that is even remotely involved in the shooting sports!
Thank everyone for a good time!
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Good shooting to STEVE; for a rookie he sure has pick up on this shooting game. He has shot good all year. Maybe he will share some secrets next year. Charlie from KY

UBR Summary

Iwould like to thank al who attended the first match you will always be the first no matter what.
In summation of the match, I just want to say that the targets did what they were supposed to, they gave all a chance to compete. Although far from conclusive there was a 6 and a .22 in the top five for highest score. Sure there were more .30's present than anything but the numbers don't lie.

So bring them 6's and .22's out and enjoy the Ultimate in Brenchrest

Thank you
Danny Hensley

Iwould like to thank al who attended the first match you will always be the first no matter what.
In summation of the match, I just want to say that the targets did what they were supposed to, they gave all a chance to compete. Although far from conclusive there was a 6 and a .22 in the top five for highest score. Sure there were more .30's present than anything but the numbers don't lie.

So bring them 6's and .22's out and enjoy the Ultimate in Brenchrest

Thank you
Danny Hensley

Congratulations to the winners and the club. :)

Since the event is now in the books, the error in target sizing, which strongly favored the smaller calibers, can now be pointed out. here's the target/scoring description from the initial thread, " . . . The ten ring works the same way, do the math, where it got a little tricky was the nine ring and below, to make this mathematically correct just add .450 to each successive ring
.30 cal ten ring .450 + .450 = .900 for the nine ring
.243 cal. Ten ring .515 + .450 = .965 for its nine ring
.224 cal. Ten ring .534 + .450 = .984 For its nine ring
This continues out to the five ring which is the lowest score other than a zero.
The dot counts as an eleven, you will notice six scorable bulls per target
for a possible 66 total score per target. . . ."

Since the reasoning was to create a level playing-field, scoring relative to the center of bullet, to center of target, and the target is radial, the difference in sizing should be 1/2 of the [bullet] diameter differences: the radii. Despite the BIG advantage for the lessor calibers, the thirties held their ground quite well!:cool: I have bitten my tongue long enough. :p RG

Since the event is now in the books, the error in target sizing, which strongly favored the smaller calibers, can now be pointed out. here's the target/scoring description from the initial thread, " . . . The ten ring works the same way, do the math, where it got a little tricky was the nine ring and below, to make this mathematically correct just add .450 to each successive ring
This continues out to the five ring which is the lowest score other than a zero.

Since the reasoning was to create a level playing-field, scoring relative to the center of bullet, to center of target, and the target is radial, the difference in sizing should be 1/2 of the [bullet] diameter differences: the radii. Despite the BIG advantage for the lessor calibers, the thirties held their ground quite well!:cool: I have bitten my tongue long enough. :p RG

Thank you Randy for pointing out what to most of us who shoot competively understand, it dont matter what you do to the target!!!!!!!!!!!! Somedays the 6's will win, some days then 30's will win. and once in a great while the 22's will squeak through. There is NOT a caliber advantage, ther is a great shooter/tuner advantage!!!! And the tuner is the guy making decisions, NOT a hunk of metal hanging on the front of the barrel.

I realize I am being a curmudgeon here, but the differential in the x size and 10 ring size and what ever else you want to determine is "caliber" specific isn't statistically worth a hill of horse poop. The winner will be the shooter who has his rifle in tune, has a handle on the conditions, and is pulling the trigger at the right time. End of story.

David

Randy,
The sizes in the list are nine ring diameters, not radii, thus the adjustment that takes away the advantage for larger bullets is the difference in bullet diameter.

Cheers,
Keith

so the bottom line is...there was a(tleast one) 6ppc present, and again , it did not beat the 30's.......
so the great experiment to "level the playing field" worked........30's rule!

mike in co

You are absolutely correct... not talking about your responce Mike, My comment was to Daves!

Last edited by a moderator:
:p
Randy,
The sizes in the list are nine ring diameters, not radii, thus the adjustment that takes away the advantage for larger bullets is the difference in bullet diameter.

Cheers,
Keith

Duh, my bad!:p I should have READ the BOLD print!:eek: RG

For you curmudgeons, if there is no advantage why do you shoot a .30?

QUOTE=David Halblom;604531]Thank you Randy for pointing out what to most of us who shoot competively understand, it dont matter what you do to the target!!!!!!!!!!!! Somedays the 6's will win, some days then 30's will win. and once in a great while the 22's will squeak through. There is NOT a caliber advantage, ther is a great shooter/tuner advantage!!!! And the tuner is the guy making decisions, NOT a hunk of metal hanging on the front of the barrel.

I realize I am being a curmudgeon here, but the differential in the x size and 10 ring size and what ever else you want to determine is "caliber" specific isn't statistically worth a hill of horse poop. The winner will be the shooter who has his rifle in tune, has a handle on the conditions, and is pulling the trigger at the right time. End of story.

David[/QUOTE]

Yes Charles

If there is enough interest, you must understsnd It can't be done for one or two guns.

thank you
Danny

#16 Herohank

For you curmudgeons, if there is no advantage why do you shoot a .30?

Hank.............My guess is that they don't drink coffee and need a wake up call (RECOIL)to get them going in the AM.

Later
Dave

I tell ya what, I hope this system works and it brings the PPC folks back. If the folks currently shooting regularly turn to another caliber, what is the point? The regulars will just keep winning like they have right along.

Not terribly crumudgeny, is it?

I do not see either of the two major Sanctioning Bodies adopting this Format, but heck, who would have thought two years ago that the NBRSA would adopt Varmint for Score.........jackie

Back