UBR Night Shoot 7-19-14

mwezell

Mike Ezell
Man what a night! It was a late night, but worth every minute. We had a great time and saw some records be broken at the same time.(pending)
I was half asleep when it was over and won't try to recall all of the winners, but congrats to Mike Niblett on his pretty dominant win in custom class, and his two new records for 200 and grand agg scores. Obviously, night shooting can produce some good scores, but nothing was a given. It seemed that lots of people saw shots walk all around the dot for much of the night, without hitting it. There were gremlins and more movement at times than flags would show.

Maybe someone will post full results soon. There are many congratulations to be given for some amazing scores. It's amazing what these rifles can do, especially in the hot hands of some very good shooters.

I imagine a world record is a pretty big confidence builder, heading into the National Championship match Labor Day weekend!!

Thanks Jackie, Danny, Rick, Jep and Debbie, and all for a great time with great folks!--Mike Ezell

Getting ready for 200 yards...
ubrnightmatch030_zps5853d00b.jpg

ubrnightmatch023_zps17d4199a.jpg

Last edited:
What a great shoot at Buck Creek!. Every component present that makes for a good match...good camaraderie and tough competitors. Besides being a well run match, the "night shoot" is a very unique experience, as Mike noted the conditions were those that produce good scores but also as Mike said it was easy to get lulled into to thinking that the air was dead calm. A big "Thanks" to our host Jackie and all that made the match go so well......Jep,Debbie,Danny,Rick,Robert and the target crew(sure I am missing some)..."thanks" to all that made this match happen!
-H

I've made a lot of trips to Buck Creek over the years and they've all been great. This one was definitely one of the best. And the absolute best part of all of them is the people you are privileged to compete with. Hope to see you all at the UBR Nationals in Gallatin next month.

Rick

Back