Two die press

C

chappo555

Gudday guys and girls.

Hoping some of you experienced people can help me. Whilst tooling around on the net several months ago I came across a photo of a 7/8 x 14 reloading press that could be clamped or bolted to a bench but it held two dies and had two rams with an arm either side and both arms joined by a cross type handle.

Unfortunatly my computer crashed and I lost the link I had saved for it.

Can anyone point me to a website that has something similar.

cheers and thanks in advance
chappo555

Gudday guys and girls.

Hoping some of you experienced people can help me. Whilst tooling around on the net several months ago I came across a photo of a 7/8 x 14 reloading press that could be clamped or bolted to a bench but it held two dies and had two rams with an arm either side and both arms joined by a cross type handle.

chappo555

I'm guessing that you're talking about Scotty Crawford's most excellent modified clone of the HOOD design: CRAWFORDSTOOL@YAHOO.COM
I bought one of his double threaded models - it's very well excuted! :) RG

Last edited:
Good Day Mate ...

Gudday guys and girls.

chappo555

Is this what you had in mind http://www.6mmbr.com/harrellscombopress.html? Great article and fantastic pictures by Boyd Allen. :)

Hood Double Press

I think this may be what you're refering to. This is the double press that I make.I have started using this press exclusively and I don't think I will ever go back.The thing I like about it is your die's stay in the press all the time,no arbor press or inline seater to keep up with also I'm getting the best loaded round concentricy that I've ever had. The Dies in the photo are made by Col. Billy Stevens. The only change I have made that is not in the photo is the left side ram has a shellholder cutout instead of the setscrews shown.Let me know if I can help.
2iu3kep.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Scotty,

What's the throw distance on it...will it handle the big mags?

Thanks guys for all the replies:

Scott.
Great looking rig and exactly what I was looking for.
You sure can help if you would be so kind as to PM me a price and postage costs to Australia would be great.

Thanks again
Chappo555

These are great presses

but the best one I have seen for my taste utilizes the Lee 4 hole plate so that one can screw in dies for two chamberings. I can't recall the name of the maker right now but I think it is a guy who works on Savages. A friend has one and I find it to be the Cat's Rear End. But of course, liking the "Unusual" I have an old Lyman All American 4 hole aluminum press that uses an elevator to lift the cases to the dies; no exposed ram. Nice old press. Less costly than the new ones and WAY COOL. :p

Last edited:
Back