Tubes for premeasured powder?

trap066

Ron Jackson
Trying a new barrel and need some of the tubes (look like test tubes) that hold premeasured powder charges for 30BR. Where do you get them? Would like to do some load developmemt and shoot an upcoming match and am short on brass.
Thanks,
Ron

Tubes for Powder

Ron,
A fellow shooter I know in Dallas told me about this place. I think I ordered the 12x55mm size with stoppers. They are polypropylene and work great. I can look up the invoice at the house if you are interested. The place is:testtubesonline.com(Lake Charles Manufacturing).

Best,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

Muzzle loaders use a system called Quickshots,powder in one side bullet in the other . Or you could make your own with thinwall 3/8 id pvc and appropriate end caps.

There are scads of them listed on ebay. I bought the 12x35mm if I remember right. I got the glass amber with a screw on lid. They will hold almost exactly 30 grains of N133 powder. I got the 12mm dia because they will fit in many cartridge boxes, especially larger pistol boxes. I think if I had it to do over I would get the kind with rubber stoppers in them. The small screw on tops are kind of hard to keep up with, trying to hold a funnel in one hand and the vial in the other. The stopper you can pull with your teeth and pour.

Donald

I got some 12x75 mm rubber stoppered Vaccutainer tubes from Allied Shooters , a site sponsor, some time back. Wanted to get more ,but have trouble contacting him. These are perfect size for ppc and BR rounds.....not too full so as to spill powder when twisting off the stopper.
Been searching E-bay, without luck....seems the glass vials have been replaced by plastic. I don't think Vaccutainer catalogs this item anymore.
Plastic has a tendency to attract static, leaving kernels clingling to tube....NFG.

Thanks for the info. I found some plastic w/tops at labdepotinc.com. I got 1,000 plastic 12x75 with tops for $55 shipped. They have a lot of different tubes and tops to pick from.

Back