Tony Boyer

R

rbeckwith

Does anyone know if Tony has a handle on this site or any other...or perhaps has his email address?

I just came across a Hart 1A Heavy Varmint and understand that Tony is the "Man" to talk to about these actions. I have called Hart and they have not been so helpful up to this point so I thought perhaps I would try and track Tony down.

Anyone?

My son has one of those actions. It's a fat 40-X with a screw on front sleeve. It has shot well with any barrel installed to this point. It is now a PPC. It is like any action as to how well made it is.

Tony couldnt keep up with all of the communication if he made himself that available.

rbeckwith,
what is it exactly you want to know,
A Hart 1-A is nothin special, basically a Right /Right action with mondo remington ignition.By virtue of its mass,it is destined to be a heavy 13.5 lb rifle. Few are competitive with right/right actions; Tony and Wayne and Andy,cause they're mountain men, Kent Harshman ,cause He's a direct descendant of "Big Foot" , Smiley,cause he's Smiley,and that's about it. Oh ,I forgot about Dave Bruno,another right/right anomaly.If you're determined to go the retro route,any good gunsmith,( Dave Bruno comes to mind)can check out your Hart 1-A,chamber a barrel for it,stock it,and get you into the Heavy right/right mode.
Joel
p.s. You're never gonna beat Tony,Wayne,Andy,Kent,Smiley,or Dave with that crow bar.

Last edited:
...Few are competitive with right/right actions...
Must be a point-blank thing. A lot of the people on he IBS Long-Range Marksman list shoot right-right.

I know where the loading port is, no need to watch that big old case going in. Head down, left hand on the joystick while you reload, what could be faster? Or if it's a big sucker you've got to hold on to when firing -- like the 300 & .338 magnums -- just muscle it into position. Still faster right-right.

Thanks for the response. I have a stock, trigger, and a great gunsmith to hook me up with the barrels. I am not a competitive shooter, yet, as I am just learning the benchrest game and reading the wind. I am just looking to build an accurate rifle to shoot for enjoyment and I am not having any luck finding any bases for the rifle so I thought perhaps Tony could point me in the right direction.

As far as being able to shoot it with a right/right set up....I'm young and stubborn and will figure out a way to do it or burn myself out trying. I guess i'm the kind of guy who has to piss on the electric fence himself rather than take someone's word that it hurts.

rbeckwith,
what is it exactly you want to know,
A Hart 1-A is nothin special, basically a Right /Right action with mondo remington ignition.By virtue of its mass,it is destined to be a heavy 13.5 lb rifle. Few are competitive with right/right actions; Tony and Wayne and Andy,cause they're mountain men, Kent Harshman ,cause He's a direct descendant of "Big Foot" , Smiley,cause he's Smiley,and that's about it. Oh ,I forgot about Dave Bruno,another right/right anomaly.If you're determined to go the retro route,any good gunsmith,( Dave Bruno comes to mind)can check out your Hart 1-A,chamber a barrel for it,stock it,and get you into the Heavy right/right mode.
Joel
p.s. You're never gonna beat Tony,Wayne,Andy,Kent,Smiley,or Dave with that crow bar.

[QUOTE I am not having any luck finding any bases for the rifle so I thought perhaps Tony could point me in the right direction.

What is the hole spacing? should be .860 and i think 6-48 threads
two leupold dual dovetail front bases for rem 700 will work.. or you can use the hart one piece base and rings in 1" or 30mm.
I think you can get bases just about anywhere for it, a gunsmith can make them from a base blank..i also think kelby's could hook you up .
I used a 20 moa pic rail on mine for a Haverkamp LV40..just cut the middle of the base out and use a set of leupold screws..

Where is the "like" button, I want to do it for Joel's reply

its been 30 yrs since I had a 1A but memory (fuzzy) tells me they were Weaver #36 ...if you are going with that style of base ...you can pik one up at wallyworld and try it.....if that doesnt work ...call Wally Hart ...he will know what works.....Roger

Last edited:
Hey Joel,
How do you classify Tony as a mountain man. When I met him he was a short little guy.

Vern,
a few years ago I went to the, Sportsmans show in Harrisburg PA. Lot's of outfitters from all over the country promoting their hunts.I kinda noticed all the flatlanders were big guys( like me),all the mountain area outfitters were shorter,leaner,smaller guys.Them mountains will wear you right out.
Anyway, back to the right /right thing. I got out to Canastota today with my right/right bag squeezin' winter time set up. I always manage to upset the rifles return to battery aim point when reaching around the right side to reload. Heavier rifles,bigger cartridges than the ppc might not be a problem,but gettin that little ppc into the loading port on the blind side of my LV rifle can/does cause problems for me.I can always muscle the gun back on track,but time and rhythem and tracking are lost. I always return to my right/left Farley setup in nicer weather.
Joel

Back