Tomball Gun Club VFS/HTR Match July 17th & 18th

G

Gary Walters

This will be a first for the Tomball Gun Club. Last year we had a low turn-out for our HTR match and in an attempt to improve attendance we are hosting a combined VFS & HTR match July 17th & 18th.

We plan to shoot the Gulf Coast Regional Hunter Championship & the Gulf Coast Regional VFS Championship match Saturday with 100 yards in the morning and 200 yards in the evening.

Sunday we will shoot the Texas State Hunter and the Battle of San Jacinto VFS Championship matches with 100 yards in the morning and 200 yards in the evening. I think finishing Sunday with a 200 yard match will make things much more interesting.

We will have a bunch of trophies for you to win. Hope to see a good turnout. Range will be open early Friday for practice. Matches are NBRSA registered matches.

We will start Saturday at 9:00 A.M. and 8:00 A.M. Sunday.
Match fees are $50.00 per day.
If this is your first registered match, you do not have to join the NBRSA.
A HV 6PPC will do just fine for VFS if you have one. Remember VFS weight limit is 13.5 pounds.
Food will be catered by Tomball Bar-B-Que.
If you have a loading table, please bring it just in case.

GW

Last edited:
Let's All Come Out And Support This Match.

As you know, this is our big Varmint for Score Match as part of the Tomball Gun Clubs participation in the one year NBRSA Trial in order to see if Varmint for Score will be a permanent NBRSA Competition Format.

We would hope for a good turnout in order to show the NBRSA that Varmint for Score does indeed warrant their consideration. I hope to see all of the participants who are active in our Club Match Program to come out and have a good time.

Other Clubs throughout the Country are also doing the same thing, so I can truthfully say that the ball is in the Shooter's Court. I hope to see everybody there. Let's support our Clubs who put forth the effort, and the NBRSA..........jackie

I shot there last year and will be back this year.
Great range, great match and great people.
Larry

p.s. What is the physical address of the range?

Tomball Gun Club Address

I shot there last year and will be back this year.
Great range, great match and great people.
Larry

p.s. What is the physical address of the range?

12600 Zion Road Tomball, Texas 77375

Last edited:
Gotta Couple Questions

This will be a first for the Tomball Gun Club. Last year we had a low turn-out for our HTR match and in an attempt to improve attendance we are hosting a combined VFS & HTR match July 17th & 18th.

We plan to shoot the Gulf Coast Regional Hunter Championship & the Gulf Coast Regional VFS Championship match Saturday with 100 yards in the morning and 200 yards in the evening.

Sunday we will shoot the Texas State Hunter and the Battle of San Jacinto VFS Championship matches with 100 yards in the morning and 200 yards in the evening. I think finishing Sunday with a 200 yard match will make things much more interesting.

We will have a bunch of trophies for you to win. Hope to see a good turnout. Range will be open early Friday for practice. Matches are NBRSA registered matches.

We will start Saturday at 9:00 A.M. and 8:00 A.M. Sunday.
Match fees are $50.00 per day.
If this is your first registered match, you do not have to join the NBRSA.
A HV 6PPC will do just fine for VFS if you have one. Remember VFS weight limit is 13.5 pounds.
Food will be catered by Tomball Bar-B-Que.
If you have a loading table, please bring it just in case.

GW

Gary,

Since these are two distinct matches should will we draw for benches on both days? What does the rulebook say? Wait a minute, there is no NBRSA VFS rulebook is there? :eek:

Have you finalized the bench rotations for the weekend?

Just askin.........:)

Plan to draw for benches on Friday before the match. Plan to do a 9-5-9 bench rotation. We will use 24 benches. If you start on bench 1, you will end up on bench 24 Sunday evening. Gives you a chance to experience all the range has to offer. Should make it interesting to say the least. Also plan to give out trophies both days as we finish each Grand.

GW

Hmmmm

Experience all that the range at Tomball has to offer??? I am not sure that is a good way to entice shooters to come out.:D

I am predicting very light winds, with all flags aligned in perfect order at all times.

I would NEVER lie about my favorite Range.. Trust Me.:D.........jackie

Gary ...

Plan to do a 9-5-9 bench rotation. We will use 24 benches. If you start on bench 1, you will end up on bench 24 Sunday evening. Gives you a chance to experience all the range has to offer. Should make it interesting to say the least. GW

Kind of reminds me, or dredges up old memories of, doing up-and-overs with a rifle ... running through sand [not loose gravel] ... with a Marine DI at your side hollering unmentionable phrases ... when going through Navy Aviation OCS in Pensacola, Florida. :eek: :D

Experience all that the range at Tomball has to offer??? I am not sure that is a good way to entice shooters to come out.:D

I am predicting very light winds, with all flags aligned in perfect order at all times.

I would NEVER lie about my favorite Range.. Trust Me.:D.........jackie

What would really entice more shooters to come out is you shooting a .22 for the whole weekend!

GW

Looking forward to the match / matches. It ought to be fun since Jackie says the flags will be in perfect order. Or maybe thats in perfect order if you are shooting a GREEN gun.

Joe

Winds this weekend

Looks like 6mph winds for this weekends match both days. I was expecting something more exciting. Should be some really good scores posted though.

GW

Only 4 more days til the fun begins. Looks like a small chance of a shower on Saturday. Imagine that on the Gulf Coast.

Hmmm. Some chance of rain Saturday and Sunday. Bring er on.

Going to head down out of the hills with my trusty 30BR early Friday morning. Gotta do battle with the green gun; and the brown gun, and the blue gun, and the red gun. Heck, there are a bunch of them!

joe

VFS Weekend Weather Forecast BTT

The weather for this weekend is as follows;

Sat 92/76

Rain 30%

Humid 66%

Winds south @ 7mph

Sun 89/76 obviously a cold front :)

Rain 30%

humid 74%

Winds sse @ 10mph

Back