Todd Tyler shoots potential LV100 record

Woody

A hearty congratulations goes out to the benchrest shooter formally known as "Catfish" Todd Tyler, now known as "Great White" Todd Tyler. Todd drove up to a hot, switchy, Northern Colorado range this weekend and shot a potential record of .1418 in the LV100 leg of the Firewalker match. In addition to other various yardages, grand aggs, a Nobel Peace Prize, and the keys to Dr. Oltersdorf's liquor cabinet, he also won the 2-gun with a very nice .2202.

Congrats bud, you did great and I hope this record sticks. That should make the trip back to Alb a little easier. Good luck in Phoenix... Scott

Northern Colorado range this weekend and shot a potential record of .1418

Good Greef AWESOME Mr. Tyler...! Way to SHOOT Catfish..!:D

cale

We witnessed some incredible talent this weekend in some tricky conditions... first on Saturday, Todd's .1418 LV100 agg - besting the second place by .110 and he proved up by handily winning the LV200 as well for a LV100-200 agg within spitting distance of a record as well.

But that wasn't the end... the 2-gun looked out of reach until Scott "Woody" Smallwood started with an .18 agg started in the HV200 and continued to stay on fire through the HV100 Sunday afternoon... giving Todd's effort a serious run for the weekend two-gun.

Congrats to both Todd and Scott - That was some awesome shooting!

Rod

Wow!!!

Way to go Todd, that is some awesom shooting!!!! Keep it up for the nationals. I want to see a guy from New Mexico win it all!! Durward :)

Congrats to Todd AND Scott. That's some mighty fine shooting indeed.
How were the conditions in "the pit"?

Great shooting boss! It has been a blast shooting with you all summer!!! I had to get some work done last weekend or I would have been there to watch ya do your magic.

Your friend,
Speedy

Yes. According to this site, the current NBRSA LV100 record is a .1441 shot by Jim Carmichel on 5/11/12.

"Next question, by how much does a new record have to beat an existing record?

I've read the on-line rule book and find several mentions of 0.009" but that seems to be a dimension to consider the item for record consideration.

Jims record was shot at the 2012 Shamrock.

Last edited:
Back