Thunderbird Powder - T-322 & 8208...what's it worth?

W

win308

Gentlemen,

ShotGun News used to have ads from Thunderbird Cartridge Company in Phoenix Az with T-322 and 8208 powder for sale. I bought several jugs and still have 4 jugs of 8 lbs (32 lbs total) unopened.

Question....I know this is accurate rifle powder, but these days, all my reloading is for pistol. What is this powder worth? I have 3 jugs of 8208 and 1 jug of T322 that I want to take to the gun show and sell in a few weeks.

Thanks for your help.................Miles
DSCN0721.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Miles, long time since I hear from you! Good to hear you're still shooting. If you find yourself in Phoenix sometime, look me up. Don't waste that powder at a gun show, the place to sell it is here although shipping might get cumbersome. Still, whoever knows and appreciates it enough will arrange for transportation somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
German......I might ask how you found yourself to be in Phoenix...but since I am now working in WV, (and living) I guess I can't say too much. Hope all is well with you.

Happy turkey day.....Miles

Miles

There are shooters who would sell their first born in order to get that jug of "T". Make sure that the seal has not been broken on the lid........jackie

T-322 / T-32 Powder coming soon !!!

There's a good story about that powder in the October 2008 issue of Precision Shooting magazine and Lou Murdica's effort to get Hodgdon Powder to agree to make a one time run of 20,000 pounds.

Lou discusses it starting on page 17, one third of the way down in the left column. Art

As to the jugs being sealed, I doubt it. Walt one time told me he sometimes measured his famous "T" out into jugs at the match.

Yes, they are sealed with a small plastic disk about the size of a 50 cent piece that is lightly glued/impressed on the mouth of the jug...then a screw on cap over that.

I live in Parkersburg...right on the Ohio line on I-77.

help with to identify powder

I just purchased 8lbs of T-5010 and I was told it is hotter than T-5020 which left me totlally in the dark. Can some one tell me is T-5010 an exact match to a Hodgons or IMR or some other powder without me spending hours testing? Commom cartriges IU 338-378, 308, 6.5/284, 30-06 Thanks for your time.

Back