Those Leupould 7x- 42-x56 scopes

Andy Cross

Just wondering if anyone has used one of those Leupould 7x - 42x - 56 scopes yet. I am considering one since Nightforce seems to have stopped making their 12x - 42x 56 NXS scopes.There doesn't seem to be any of the leopould scopes in the stores down under yet.
Andy

Andy I've been using the new VX-6 7x42x56 And was lucky enough that leupold let me test one for a Month. The scope performed the way it was made to, I switched it form my H.G. to my L. G. that had a difference difference in elevation of three revolutions in elevation. And when I switched it back and forth between rifles it was right on the money at 1000 yards. I was breaking clay birds on the first shot or damn close. The scope is clear, the Parallax was perfect. It has a long eye relief of 4.2" it weighs 26.3 oz. Elevation is 55 moa. windage is 45 moa. The elevation is 1/8 min. but windage is in 1/4 min It has fast -focus eyepiece. 6.1 zoom optical system.The reticle I used was Tmoa plus I believe its called. Oh and I won H.G. score at the World Open in PA. a week ago. with a 96 score agg. for two days. I think I'm going to want one.

Joe Salt

I will be shooting one on July 27th at Lake Charles. I will use it on my BAT/Bartlein 6 PPC at 200 yards. This is the VFS State Championship and I trust it enough to shoot it in this important match. If I do well, I will let you know....if not so well, then..... James
35in6s8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys

Thanks guys. It sounds like a nice piece of optical hardware. It might sound crazy but I am rebuilding my fathers .243 win as a cruiser for use in the field. Might use it for 500 yard fly as well. Was going to top it with a 12x-42x56 NF but for some reason that scope has been discontinued. I'll keep my eye on this post for more input before I get one.
Andy

Andy i don't think the 12x42x56 is discontinued, you are talking about the Benchrest scope right? I just won one at the World Open and they had a lot of them.

Joe Salt

NF Web site

Andy i don't think the 12x42x56 is discontinued, you are talking about the Benchrest scope right? I just won one at the World Open and they had a lot of them.

Joe Salt

I was on the NF web site last week and I was sure the 12x-42x-56 NXS model was flagged discontinued. Perhaps I misread it.
Andy

So is this new scope available on the market yet or still in testing? None of my suppliers shows it on there sites.

James & Andy when I received mine for testing I was told there were only Eight made. They don't even have it on there web sight, Its a VX-6 so keep looking. Maybe by this fall. Ask santa to bring you one!

Joe Salt

James & Andy when I received mine for testing I was told there were only Eight made. They don't even have it on there web sight, Its a VX-6 so keep looking. Maybe by this fall. Ask santa to bring you one!

Joe Salt

Actually Leupold has the scope listed as new on the website just no suppliers have them listed. I'll wait though and see how the few out there hold up during matches and final results from you guys.

I've got another Match this coming weekend, and will be switching it back and forth between rifles again. If that doesn't put it through its paces nothing will.

Joe Salt

Last edited:
John yes 1/4 min on windage 1/8 on elevation. Why I don't know! It seems fine for 1000 Yard shooting. Just for fun the other day I was fire forming brass at 100 yards and didn't have any trouble hitting five thumb tacks in a row. Don't think there a problem.

Joe Salt

Back