This sheltering in place SUCKS!!!

Al,
Actually,it's quite nice being out & about w/ all the spineless sheep/snowflakes in doors....sniveling!!

dude, YOU WENT OUT??

There's folks here will CURSE YOUR CHILDREN for going out!

They actually believe you're "endangering their life"

!!!!

spent the day today making sizing dies..... 4 of them..... that perty much means I'm forced to do nothing all day tomorrow but SHOOT and test them dies....

Shut in

I shoot rimfire 2 times a week and club factory centerfire 2 or 3 time a year.
I'm getting brass ready for centerfire, range is deserted so no exposure.
everything else is shut down. Thankful that I live in a rural area.

Be Safe

By orders of the govenor, All Ranges in my AO closed.
Also closed gun shops as not "essential" businesses..

spent the day today making sizing dies..... 4 of them..... that perty much means I'm forced to do nothing all day tomorrow but SHOOT and test them dies....

So are you cutting your dies with reamers, boring bar, or ??? Inquiring minds and all that.

GsT

So are you cutting your dies with reamers, boring bar, or ??? Inquiring minds and all that.

GsT

Gene, I'm onto something totally and completely radically different...... basically parting the 'body' off factory dies at the body/shoulder junction and making each die into two pieces, a neck/shoulder portion and a body portion. Once the two parts are separated it's easy to make modifications.

So far I've parted off maybe 10-12 dies of different brands, mainly Redding 'S' dies but also Forster, Hornady and RCBS

They are VERY hard on carbide parting tools.

RCBS are by far the hardest/deepest and Redding are by far the easiest of the ones I've done so far.

Putting them back together is the 'neeky part, but once they're working they're basically a poor-man's Neil Jones die. Except for the Reddings..... then you get a "Neil Jones die that furthermore takes sizing buttons!!!" AND.... interchangeable bodies for experimenting with tapers....

I started this mess just re-cutting factory dies, with about 50/50 success

And then I went back and parted some of the screwed up ones and made them into "the best???" dies I've ever used??? (VERY EARLY REPORT!!)

I have a collection of "heads" and a collection of "bodies" and I can MisterPotatohead them together all sorts of ways. I did do two more today BUT THEN....

Today went all sideward on me cuz the kids came over and burned up 'YUGE amounts of precious metals and volatiles in honor of my friend "Neal the Jailor".... Deputy Karlsen was a childhood friend, my age, nearing retirement. He died in a motorcycle wreck last Sunday afternoon. Neal was A Shooter, a lonely conservative in the Clark County cesspool and a wonderful human. Our county has "banned funerals", and this warn't no funeral!!!....but, All his kids were here, friends from 5 states and the air in my yard was cordite blue for over 6hrs.....

And I managed to rap a few hot ones thru Neal's Schofield..... hammered the dueling tree in his honor.

R.I.P Deputy Neal

You are loved

Sorry about that.... that went a liddle sideways too....

I digress.

By orders of the govenor, All Ranges in my AO closed.
Also closed gun shops as not "essential" businesses..

WOW
So,1 shooting range & 1 gun shop were closed by order of a POS Gov Cuomo?

Why do you people put up with the never ending B.S. & taxed to death to fund their agenda?

universal problem all over the states when there one of you per 1/4 section or less and they have 500 in a 3 block sq area or more.

WOW
So,1 shooting range & 1 gun shop were closed by order of a POS Gov Cuomo?

Why do you people put up with the never ending B.S. & taxed to death to fund their agenda?

Because the wife does not want to move out of state at this time, but I'm working on it! :)

It does to a point

It is like practice for retirement. Thought I would retire at 60 but looks like it will be freedom 55 from my current job and when this BS clears up find a partime to supplement the shooting habit....LOL....Cannot handle the direction of the company I work for. 35 1/2 years will be enough in the Telco trades.

On the fun side my GF and I went to the range a few days ago and dialed in the 357 and .22 Buckmark. They are ready for the Zombie apocalypse. LOL.

The 686 can shoot. Can 1 hole at 25 yards if I can hold it steady enough.

Today was spent polishing it up along with the .40 S&W and the Buckmark. Love the 686.

My baby....

Attachments

• 20200325_123440.jpg
    20200325_123440.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 211
It is like practice for retirement. Thought I would retire at 60 but looks like it will be freedom 55 from my current job and when this BS clears up find a partime to supplement the shooting habit....LOL....Cannot handle the direction of the company I work for. 35 1/2 years will be enough in the Telco trades.

On the fun side my GF and I went to the range a few days ago and dialed in the 357 and .22 Buckmark. They are ready for the Zombie apocalypse. LOL.

The 686 can shoot. Can 1 hole at 25 yards if I can hold it steady enough.

Today was spent polishing it up along with the .40 S&W and the Buckmark. Love the 686.

My baby....

Spalted Maple ??

What you gonna do

Spalted Maple ??

for health insurance? Coverage from the Telco, pay the long dollar for an individual plan or go sans? Remember you don't qualify for medicare, under current rules, till you turn 65. Good luck with whatever you do.

In regards to Health Care

Well being Canadian that does not matter. Remember as taxpayers we all pay for this dearly.

In regards to plans for Dental, prescriptions, eyewear etc I have 3 options. When I started out we were a Provincial crown corporation then the Provincial government privatized us. So being grandfathered I can opt for the provincial retirement plan, a retirement plan thru Manulife who our current employer uses or shop on my own.

Working aloft on ladders and climbing poles, lots of crawling around under desks etc my knees and hips are starting to give me grief. At 54 I never thought from my hips down I would ache so much.

In regards to the Burl I will have to ask the better looking one in the house. She got that from her brother who lives in Vancouver. He found it, cleaned it up and finished it.

Back