"The Dropout" by Edgewood bags

10ring

If you have had experience with the Edgewood bag called "The Dropout" tell us what you think -- good and bad.

The Dropout:

If you have had experience with the Edgewood bag called "The Dropout" tell us what you think -- good and bad.

I like it. I've been using one for a few months now in short range group benchrest. It works as advertised. Solves the problem the rifle rocking or bouncing on the front bag from the bag getting too hard. Before this bag I had to keep fluffing up the front bag. Even with squeezing and fluffing it still got too hard at just the wrong time. That is no longer an issue. IMHO there is no downside.

The one that I have does not look like the pictures in Edgewood's adverts. The ears have the little notch for the forearm to rest on, which it does nicely, but the center section is more of a U shape cutout than what they picture. The center of the cutout extends below metal of the rest top on my Farley rest, but it does not affect the operation of the rest or the bag.

I like it. I've been using one for a few months now in short range group benchrest. It works as advertised. Solves the problem the rifle rocking or bouncing on the front bag from the bag getting too hard. Before this bag I had to keep fluffing up the front bag. Even with squeezing and fluffing it still got too hard at just the wrong time. That is no longer an issue. IMHO there is no downside.

The one that I have does not look like the pictures in Edgewood's adverts. The ears have the little notch for the forearm to rest on, which it does nicely, but the center section is more of a U shape cutout than what they picture. The center of the cutout extends below metal of the rest top on my Farley rest, but it does not affect the operation of the rest or the bag.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. Would you mind attaching a picture of your bag?

Back