The 2024 IR 50/50 Nationals Fairchance Gun Club Pa. 27-28- and 29 September 2024 (After Event Report)

tonykharper

The Nationals this year was unlike any I've ever attended.

I would first like to thank Fairchance Gun Club and all of their personnel that made the event happen.

I would also like to thank the shooters that showed up and competed. I know the weather stopped many from coming and I understand that.

But for those that were there I think I can say they had a great time, and it ended up being a great competition.

Bob Barnhart and Wayne Knutsen came. For those that may not know these guys are great shooters. They have won many big competitions and always do well wherever they compete.

Thanks for coming and we hope to see you more often.

The weather played a large role in the competition. Friday was the worse conditions I've ever seen at a match and the scores for the Sporter Nationals reflected it.

Saturday the weather was a little better, not much.

Then Sunday the weather was like shooting a normal match at Fairchance.

Each day was totally different from the day before.

The one thing that was constant was the winners were the cream of the crop and they did rise to the top.

If you won anything at Fairchance this past weekend you earned it.

There were many great shooters there and Fairchance is Fairchance.

I was hoping this year that we would see some of the PRS and Rimfire F-Class shooters show up.

I was looking forward to learning how the new ideas they have been testing would compete against RFBR competitors.

The chassis base rifles, the new chamber designs, and the new barrel profiles. But I didn't see any of them. If these things were there, please let me know.

With that said, there were many lessons learned this weekend and if you weren't there you missed a great learning opportunity.

I have a number of pics I will post. I will have to do it in a number of post due to the number limit.

I'll also put up the winners list but I don't have the complete list so I will do that when I receive them.

TKH

Attachments

• nats18.jpeg
    nats18.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 15
  • nats7.jpeg
    nats7.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 15
  • nats8.jpeg
    nats8.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Nats13.jpeg