Stock tape

Ajshooter

Jeff Youmans
With all the Terry Leonard stock shooters . Do you use stock tape . Should I use it . Will it hurt the stocks finish . Will I gain from using it.
Thanks fellows

Adhesive remover from a paint supply store works good along with a hair dryer. Get the stuff made for removing pinstripes and test in a hidden area first

Leonard stock and tape.....

I bought a slightly used Leonard that had tape on it. It was beginning to lift in a couple spots. I called Terry and he suggested careful application of heat from a hair dryer or shop dryer on low and slowly peeling it off. He said he uses a high end "emron' like paint and its very tough.

I think the tape works just fine and eliminates powder etc.

gibson

a guy who used to sell BR products a few years back had some tape at the super shoot, and he showed everyone how he could take it on and off about 100 times in 4 days and it still stuck, Dave Dorfman (sp) nice guy nice product

do not know who sells that brand of tape now

Jefferson

I have used a hair blower many times to remove stock tape from a stock with no resulting damage to the stock or paint. If any tackiness was left behind I removed that with a product called goo- gone which also left no damage to the stock or paint. I have also been told that the tackiness can be removed with olive oil.

Regards.......

Jeffeson, among others

a guy who used to sell BR products a few years back had some tape at the super shoot, and he showed everyone how he could take it on and off about 100 times in 4 days and it still stuck, Dave Dorfman (sp) nice guy nice product

do not know who sells that brand of tape now

Jefferson

I sell it and Sinclair sells it and one of the guys from Ft. Wayne , IN who used to work at Sinclair. We all use the same source for the tape. A hair dryer is a benchrest shooters friend for a lot of reasons.

By the way, for those who do not know, we lost Dave to cancer quite a few years ago. He was one of the good guys.

David

stock tape

Jefferson, that was Dave Dohrmann, definitely one of the good guys! Still have his last front rest, a true piece of work, but don't know who made it, if any of you guys might know I would appreciate a heads up. dogdude 540-675-1077

Last edited:
Back