Stl Benchrest Club Upcoming Matches

Wm Cook

The Stl BR Club is hosting the first half of the four gun Mississippi Valley match this coming April 8th and 9th.

This is first half of the event and both Saturday and Sunday will be shot at 100 Yards. They say matches are won at 200 yards so you could surmise that the April 8th, 9th half of the event will be a tad less chaotic than shooting at 200 yards. From the long range forecast it looks like the weather will be in the 70's on Saturday with a bit of a north breeze and in the 60's on Sunday with just a touch of a South breeze. Could be a trigger pull contest or ..... maybe not. For those that never shot short range bench rest and want to give it a try, you can contact me and we'll see what we can do to get you shooting.

I'm juggling barrels trying to decide which one to work with for the match prep. I'm leaning heavily on using barrel #2 for both halves of the MV match and using barrel #3 for both the East West match to be shot on June 24/25 and the Nationals being held here this year in mid September. That should extrapolate out to about 500 rounds through each of those barrels when the year ends. I get a lot of fun getting my equipment prepped for a match.

In the meantime I have to get a new set of gear together that includes reamer, 3 barrels, 3 jugs of powder, 5000 bullets etc. All of my choices for this next set of equipment is pretty cut and dried EXCEPT for the reamer, powder and the bullets. On retrospect I guess the only thing cut and dried is the Krieger barrels.

On the powder do I just take my chances and buy whatever lot of 133 is current? And bullets and reamers are a mystery to me as well. I've been shooting an old batch of Fowler's that Jeff made back in 05. I still have a couple thousand of those left. And I have about two jugs of V133 from back in 1994 that I've been shooting with. Any suggestions on the powder and bullets would be appreciated. Take care, Bill.

Attachments

• 100 600 Range.jpg
    100 600 Range.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 136
Back