Southwest Regionals

Dave B

While Tom Libby is my friend and I'm glad of his accomplishments with winning the Southwest Regional 4 gun I'm a little disappointed in the rest of the story.
My wife, Susan Blazzard, has been a competitor for many years. She is not unknown in the Southwest region.
This year at the regionals she won assorted yardages, was in the top 3 of the majority of the yardages, and the 3 gun.
She won the Arizona State championship earlier in the year.
I'm her husband and have been a little shy in writing her praises but it's starting to look like no one else is going to mention her accomplishments.

I wonder why we don't have more women shooters?

Last edited:
Well, I must have missed the full results of the SW Regionals. Did they ever get posted? All I heard was that Tom had won it. My congratulations to all the top placers. They certainly deserve it. Those guys (and gals) are tough down there. It’s no secret that Sue has been a tough competitor for many years. I am privileged to hold the L.E. Wilson Memorial, WA. State Unlimited trophy, (for the time being), and on it is Sue Blazzard’s name from 1997. (yours too Dave, 1995) :D

Rick Graham

Susan

Dave, I'm Thinking I told Susan what a good job she did several times this year. Even poked a little fun at you when she beat you (and me). Anyway Good shooting Susan, oh and you too Dave.
Bob Dodd

Dave, I thought that was normal that all the guys got real quiet when women outshoot them. Congrats Susan!

Well Deserved Congrats

While Tom Libby is my friend and I'm glad of his accomplishments with winning the Southwest Regional 4 gun I'm a little disappointed in the rest of the story.
My wife, Susan Blazzard, has been a competitor for many years. She is not unknown in the Southwest region.
This year at the regionals she won assorted yardages, was in the top 3 of the majority of the yardages, and the 3 gun.
She won the Arizona State championship earlier in the year.
I'm her husband and have been a little shy in writing her praises but it's starting to look like no one else is going to mention her accomplishments.

I wonder why we don't have more women shooters?

Certainly Susan should be congratulated on her excellent performance. She consistently shoots well and can probably help you too Dave. ;)

KUDOS Susan

This is my first year shooting benchrest. As the season at Ben Avery unfolded, I became accustomed to seeing a handful of names that were always at the top of the match reports. Susan's name was nearly always among the top 5. She is one of the measuring sticks I use to analyze my own performance and growth in this sport. At the recent SW Regional HV and UL competition, my hands got sore clapping for Susan as her name was called repeatedly to receive awards.

Great shooting Susan!

Back