South East Ohio 600 Yard Shoot Schdule for Calendar 2012

Bill647

Following is the calendar 2012 600 yard shooting schedule for the South East Ohio range. Hopefully, the spring weather will be more cooperative this year and we will be able to get all scheduled matches in. Any cancellations or other changes to the shooting schedule will be posted on this forum as soon as they are known. A reminder notice of each shoot will be posted on this forum a week or so before each scheduled shoot date.

Sat - March 17, 2012 - Matches 1, 2, 3
Sat - April 7, 2012 - Matches 4, 5, 6
Sat - May 5, 2012 - Matches 7, 8, 9
Sat - June 2, 2012 - Matches 10, 11, 12
Sat - June 30, 2012 - Matches 13, 14, 15
Sat - July 28, 2012 - Matches 16, 17, 18
Sat - September 8, 2012 - Matches 19, 20, 21
Sat - October 13, 2012 - Matches 22, 23, 24
Sat - November 3, 2012 - Matches 25, 26, 27

Range is located on Fred Golden's property which is 10 miles west of Gallipolis,
OH on St. Route 141.
Questions? Contact Don Whitlock 740-645-1265, Francis Dunlap 304-675-2201,
or Bill Kosto 304-633-9524

Does anyone have the GPS coordinates of this range?
JBR

Thanks for getting the GPS data. I would be driving in from Louisville.
JBR

Don't have the GPS coordinates yet, but the address is 9736 State Route 141, Gallipolis, OH 45631. When get the GPS coordinates, will still add them to this post. Hope you can make some of our shoots. We have a lot of fun.

Following is the information we post for each 600 yard shoot. We generally follow the IBS light gun (weight of 17 pounds and under) rules for these shoot, although we are not afflilated with the IBS. Our shoots are intended to be "fun" shoots with most of the entry fees being paid out to the match winners. Anyone is welcome to shoot with us. Last year we averaged more than 20 shooters and expect to be that or more this year. We start the first match at 10:00am with the third match completed by mid to late afternoon. If you have other questions, fell free to call me (304-633-9524).

- 3 Matches
- Entry Fee $13 per Match
- Practice Time: 8:00a.m.
- Start Time: 10:00a.m.
- 1 target per match (600 yard IBS) 5 shots, win by group or score, but if win
in both you only win group. Will also be doing closest to center.
- 7 minute time limit. Unlimited sighters.

- Generally follow 17 lb weight limit on rifles. Muzzle breaks allowed
- No alcoholic beverages allowed
- Cold range rules apply - No bullets or bolts in guns allowed until command is given.

Last edited:
From Benches or bipods or something else? Are there restrictions on types of rests?

Thanks, and will keep your phone number handy. WD

We shoot from benches with the bases built with concrete blocks and the tops are concrete. We currently have 6 covered benches with plans to add 4 more, hopefully this year. For the rests, we go by the IBS Long Range light gun rules which require a two piece setup with the front and rear of the rifle supported by independent sand bags. See sections VII. A) 4) and VII. A) 7) for the rules concerning the long range rifle rest rules.

It would take a little time (very little), but this thread would be a prime candidate for the "Clubs" feature. Not suggesting that this info belong somewhere else but rather in both places. Go look at the Club feature and perhaps take the time to do that too.

Thanks Bill647. I appreciate it and will give ya a call for more info as the date gets closer. Thanks again. WD

All I can say is, I will try to go as many as I can. Don , Francis, and Bill, put on "ONE OF THE BEST MATCHS YOU CAN GO TO!" You also cant forget Fred, for use of this wonderfull range. It takes us over 4 hours one way drive to get there and it is well worth it. The matchs are super fun, there is great super competitve shooters there, (Better bring your best when shooting with these guys.) that will make you feel like a long lost cusin when you show up. I like there set up better than IBS, there is more chances to win, it is a more fair way to do things, and the payouts are good. One of the best times you will have.

Thanks for the GPS data. This isn't a bad drive from Louisville - 4 hours. Hope to see everyone there in the spring.
JBR

JBR, if you have not already done so, look at my 1/22/12 post with a few changes to our schedule. Look forward to seeing you at some of our 600 yard shoots.

Hello, I'm new to the Forum. I was searching for some shooting matches in Southern Ohio and ran across this site. This sounds like something I would like to check out. I've never been involved in any shooting matches but I'm interested. I would love to come check out the Rimfire Peep Sight shoot but I made prior plans to attend The Ohio Gun Collectors show in Wilmington. Maybe I can check out the next shoot? I live in Oak Hill, OH so I'm pretty close.

Hello Garrett. Once we start our 600 yard shoots, we generally do not hold 22 Rimfire shoots until after our last 600 yard shoot which is scheduled for November 3 this year. If the weather permits, our first 600 yard shoot for this year is scheduled to be held on March 17. I will be posting a detailed notice about the March 17 shoot in the next few days. We'd love to have you join us. We have a great group of folks who shoot with us and always have a great time.

Back