short range hunter nationals WORLD RECORD

Maybe a new world record shot at Hunter Nationals
Harvey Uttinger shot a 500- 29X !!!!! congrats Harvey !!!
(2 Rodger Tillery 498-24X
(3 Chad Schmidt 498-20X
(4 James Lederer 498-19X
(5 Albert Elliott 497-25X
Great time and a wonderful ran shoot Thanks to all !!!

Wouldn't be a World Record if it is 100/200 match.

Frank McKee shot a 500-30x back in 1998, which still stands as an IBS record. That one is a true Hunter record. Dean Breeden also shot a 500-30x with a VH rifle last year which may have been at the IBS 100/200 Nationals. Never the less, 500-29x is still a great score.

Sounds like

Frank McKee shot a 500-30x back in 1998, which still stands as an IBS record. That one is a true Hunter record. Dean Breeden also shot a 500-30x with a VH rifle last year which may have been at the IBS 100/200 Nationals. Never the less, 500-29x is still a great score.

an NBRSA WR? Not sure if IBS shares records with that org? They don't seem to share much else. Regardless, if its a new NBRSA record, congratulations and its fine shooting!

an NBRSA WR? Not sure if IBS shares records with that org? They don't seem to share much else. Regardless, if its a new NBRSA record, congratulations and its fine shooting!

Greg. It is a new possible NBRSA record, and your right it has squat to do with the IBS records. The current record was set back in 98 by Lee Weller with a 500-27X's.

Greg. It is a new possible NBRSA record, and your right it has squat to do with the IBS records. The current record was set back in 98 by Lee Weller with a 500-27X's.

That would be Lee Keller, of Wisconsin.

Harvey Uttinger, of MT, shot GREAT all week, including winning the NBRSA Hunter Class & TWO GUN Aggregate Championships, and, potentially establishing NBRSA records of, respectively, 500-29X (Hunter Class & 1,000-62X (Two Gun)! If these hold up to records committee scrutiny, I believe this would be the highest Two Gun AGG of the two organizations! As Randy J. observed, above, Harvey was breathing rarified air all week - exceptional shootin' over a four day event!:eek::D Two National Championships plus a pair of potential Record Aggregates during one event - pretty tall cotton - Congratulations, Harvey! :cool: R.G.

Last edited:
That would be, the late, Lee Keller, of Wisconsin.

Harvey Uttinger, of MT, shot GREAT all week, including winning the NBRSA Hunter Class & TWO GUN Aggregate Championships, and, potentially establishing NBRSA records of, respectively, 500-29X (Hunter Class & 1,000-62X (Two Gun)! If these hold up to records committee scrutiny, I believe this would be the highest Two Gun AGG of the two organizations! As Randy J. observed, above, Harvey was breathing rarified air all week - exceptional shootin' over a four day event!:eek::D Two National Championships plus a pair of potential Record Aggregates during one event - pretty tall cotton - Congratulations, Harvey! :cool: R.G.

Randy, your head might still be spinning from your impressive win, but Lee Keller is not late at all. ;) Congrats To Randy and Harvey, and thanks to the NoCo crew who put on a fantastic match.

OOOOps

Randy, your head might still be spinning from your impressive win, but Lee Keller is not late at all. ;) Congrats To Randy and Harvey, and thanks to the NoCo crew who put on a fantastic match.

Thank you for correcting me, James! I edited my post to reflect that. My apology to Lee.

That said, I didn't want to hijack this thread, discussing the VfS happenings, but your 200 Yd. win and possible NBRSA 200 Yd. record (250-15X) was not exactly Rube Goldberg shooting! ;) I agree - it was a well run event, and the hottest contested in my memory: a potential Champion on every relay, right down to match five!:eek:

I thoroughly enjoyed Bud Shalles calling the line and Dave Brooks babysitting - keeping me on the correct color - all week!:p:D

Thank you for correcting me, James! I edited my post to reflect that. My apology to Lee.

That said, I didn't want to hijack this thread, discussing the VfS happenings, but your 200 Yd. win and possible NBRSA 200 Yd. record (250-15X) was not exactly Rube Goldberg shooting! ;) I agree - it was a well run event, and the hottest contested in my memory: a potential Champion on every relay, right down to match five!:eek:

I thoroughly enjoyed Bud Shalles calling the line and Dave Brooks babysitting - keeping me on the correct color - all week!:p:D

I guess the entire NBRSA Score Record Committee was at the match, so I believe all the records shot are already officially official.

Sincere Gratitude

I'd like to say thanks for all the competitors from around the country who came to our little range on the prairie and helped to make the Hunter/VFS event a wonderful thing to attend. Dean and Bud (and everybody else) worked tirelessly to get things in order for the Nationals. They will never know how much we appreciate their dedication to the sport. We are so lucky to have "Sparkplugs" that keep Northern Colorado going.

Congrats to the winners for some amazing shooting!

It was a treat watching all the winners shoot for sure.

Thank you Bud and Dean and all your crew for a great shoot.
Joe

S/R Score nationals

I too must aplaud the folks running the match. Smoothly run, great people and even better shooting and the best competion I can recall for some time. Harvey and my traveling mate James setting new world records was a bonus. Thanks again to the crew and the 4-H kids that kept us all fed out at the range. Can't wait to see you all again. Chad Schmidt

Back