Shoots and Ranges Cinci/Dayton Area

SGJennings

I live between Cinci and Dayton.

Looks like the nearest IBS and NBRSA registered shoots are 3+ hours away. Does anyone have recommendations for non-registered short range, group and/or score. Any recommendations at all? Maybe I'm missing something on the sites.

Also, I'm tired of rickety benches and yahoos shooting my wind flags. Any recommendations for a benchrest-friendly range in the area even if they don't have shoots?

Thanks in advance,

Greg J.

Shelby County is 1:19 from me. That's a good option. I didn't see any shoots there on the NBRSA site. Will look closer :) .

I'm in southwest OH. Mt. Vernon is 3 hours. Kelbly's and similar are 3:30.

I'll check into Fairfield.

Greg J.

Shoot at Lexington, Ky

It would be less than 2 hours to come and shoot with us at the Bluegrass Sportsmans League just south of Lexington,KY.
Look at www.bgslinc.com. contact info for me and Mike Niblett is posted. Look under Rifle Division or rifle range. We are a pretty friendly bunch and would love to have you come and shoot with us.

We shoot a 200 yd group match everey month...usually the 4th Sunday....both light and heavy guns....NBRSA targets. We shoot this Sunday,5-31, since we did not want to conflict with the Super Shoot.

On July 26, we plan to shoot a 100 &200 yd IBS score match.The group matches start at 10:00 and the score will start at 9:00 am.

We have one shooter who drives down from Troy, Oh and several from Louisville. Bill Forrester shows up and he drives farther than you would have to. It should be around 90 miles or so for you.
You could also check out Buck Creek outside of Somerset, Ky...look at The IBS website for location and contact info. Joe Jarrell

Hey, that's outstanding. I'll check into Miami Valley and I'll come shoot at Lexington. Now, if I can just get this rifle back in tune....

Sg unfortunately we don't have anything close for group shooting. Shelby County and Fairfield no longer hold any matches. As Jim P. said we shoot score down at Miami rifle the second sunday of the month, normally 200 yards. They also have a 300 yard prone Varmint match the 1st and 3rd Tues eve. of the month during the summer months. Also a wed night rimfire match. They are located just outside Milford off 275. A great bunch of guys.
If your not serious there is a fun match outside of Washington Court house the first Sun. of the month, they shoot a little bit of everything centerfire and rimfire. Where are you located, I live in Dayton?

Dave, I live in Springboro and work at WPAFB.

Sg unfortunately we don't have anything close for group shooting. Shelby County and Fairfield no longer hold any matches. As Jim P. said we shoot score down at Miami rifle the second sunday of the month, normally 200 yards. They also have a 300 yard prone Varmint match the 1st and 3rd Tues eve. of the month during the summer months. Also a wed night rimfire match. They are located just outside Milford off 275. A great bunch of guys.
If your not serious there is a fun match outside of Washington Court house the first Sun. of the month, they shoot a little bit of everything centerfire and rimfire. Where are you located, I live in Dayton?

Back