Shooters in the Missoula, MT Region - Memorial Day Weekend Matches at Deep Creek

J

jameydan

Bench Rest Shooters here is an opportunity to do some “cross training” - if you do not mind getting a little dirty. :p

I am inviting any bench rest shooter that is interested in trying F-Class to come out and try your hand at either F-O or F-TR. The Deep Creek Range in Missoula has allowed some fantastic bench rest achievements, and it also has done the same for those of us “belly” shooters. We had three national records established in Missoula last year, two of them in F-Class. We routinely have one bench rester that does well (beats up on the competition) when he shoots with us.

The Deep Creek Range is a great place to camp, is near to the city and we hold a good bbq afterwards. The fees are very reasonable, so give us a try!

If there is anything I can do to facilitate trying F-Class, let me know.

Missoula’s Deep Creek Range will host three Long Range matches this year, and will include rifle divisions for Match, Palma, Service, F-Class, and a new division – Precision Rifle (“Field worthy” rifles and the use of legal suppressors is authorized).

The first matches are this coming Memorial Day weekend, with an 800yd match on Sunday afternoon, followed by a Palma format match on Memorial Day, May 30th.

Our other long range matches will include the same division as above and are scheduled for June 26th, and the Long Range Regional and F-Class Regional will be Sept 23-25th.

Due to our increased attendance, advance registration is suggested to ensure a spot on the line.

Thanks!
Jamey Williams
Jameydan "AT" gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
how many shots per string, how many strings?? muzzle brakes allowed ??

was thinking about a 1000yd lite gun.....but without a brake..i think not( its a 300 win mag)

thanks
mike in co

how many shots per string, how many strings?? muzzle brakes allowed ??

was thinking about a 1000yd lite gun.....but without a brake..i think not( its a 300 win mag)

thanks
mike in co

Mike,

The Sunday (5/29) match at 800 yds is 15 shots - one string, the Memorial Day (5/30) match is "Palma format," meaning one string of 15 shots each at 800yds, 900yds and 1000yds (45 record shots).

June 26th is 2 strings of 20 shots at 1000yds (2x1000 - 40 record shots)

And the September regional (9/23-9/25) is: (110-155 record shots)

Team match on 9/23 - Palma format​
9/24 -Palma format PLUS 20 shots at 1000yds
9/25 - Palma format​

The Palma format means that most any rifle is allowed (request match program for details). NO muzzle breaks are permitted due to the proximity of fellow shooters and scorers.

We do have shooters using 300Win mags with out breaks.

Request a copy of the match program(s) if you are interested, or call me at 406-868-4181

Thanks!

Jamey Williams
jameydan AT gmail.com

Back