Shilen competition trigger on a LV/HV

Hi. Looking for some opinions on this trigger. I'm slowly putting together a "throwback" style BR rifle chambered in 222 1/2 and want to use companies or at least styles of couple decades ago. I see that the trigger adjusts down to 2 OZ but is it temperamental on the outer ends of it's adjustment range?
Tim

I have 1 on a Hall action that is light and is reliable. I like it as much as my Jewell.

Thanks guys! Despite having only received two testimonials both were positive. I have decided to try the Shilen comp trigger. I love my Jewel no doubt. I have a older Hart trigger that feels more steel on steel. Little heavier too. I will report back on the Shilen.

Tim

I have Shilen triggers on most of my varmint and egg shoot rifles and they will adjust down about as light and smooth as a Jewel. One main reason they are not used in competition benchrest is that most all competition benchrest rifles are glued into the stock and a Shilen does not have all the adjustment screws accessible from the bottom.

The last two triggers I got were Shilens -- no, that's not true. The very last one I got was a Jewell, because I wanted to go down to 1.5 ounces for a .22 RF, a weight I think a Jewell is better at. For the CF rifles, the Shilen at 2 ounces is just about perfect.

Set the overtravel for "generous." That way, you shouldn't really have to pull it for much in the way of adjustments.

The last two triggers I got were Shilens -- no, that's not true. The very last one I got was a Jewell, because I wanted to go down to 1.5 ounces for a .22 RF, a weight I think a Jewell is better at. For the CF rifles, the Shilen at 2 ounces is just about perfect.

Set the overtravel for "generous." That way, you shouldn't really have to pull it for much in the way of adjustments.
If you want to go really light opt for the Kelbly trigger. It will easily go way under 1.5 oz.

Back