scopes

B

bullzeye

it seems most of you use weaver 36x scopes with a dot reticle.
question, what size dot 1/8" or 1/4" dot?
another dumb question. is the dot supposed to fill the white area of the
square or do you just centre it? i have never used a dot reticle before and only looked down range with one on several occasions.

Most use an 1/8th dot and it is a little less than the size of the bullet hole you hope to see appear.

sightron scope

Most use an 1/8th dot and it is a little less than the size of the bullet hole you hope to see appear.

I bought a sightron scope36x and 1/8 dot. The optics seem to be clearer than my weaver. Do any of you use the Sightron and how does it compair to the weaver. garrisone.

They were all the rage for a time. Then I think there was some concern with reliability and they sorta lost favor. But there are quite a few people still using them I believe. Personally, I say go with a 36X Leupold. It'll cost a little more, but the value is always there.

Can't say if I ever saw a 1/4" dot in a scope before at a compitition, but that dont mean its out there. The 1/8" dot would be your best bet as at 50 yards it will be the right size to cover the center dot in the scoring ring.

Oh and I would recommend a Weaver. Very good quality and it is bright and clear through the optics. Get a hold of Dan Killough, he just got some in, black finish i think is $375 and silver is $380 and both come with the 1/8" dot.

Bill

Night vs Day

I use a 1/8 min dot in the day time, and the 1/4 during the night shoots. The larger dot helps me see the dot better under artifical light. Weaver 36X is an excellent choice. Killough Sports should be able to help you. Great outfit to do business with.

I use a 1/16 dot installed by Ackerman. It's just a bump in the crosshairs, but seems very effective.

I had 3/16" dots installed in my four Weaver T-36's. I wanted a dot that was just a little bigger than 1/8. I have shot with 1/4" dot and found them to be pretty good, as they only cover 1/8" at 50 yards, which is 1/2 of a .22 hole..

JMHO..

Dave

Back