Savage Palma Rifle

OldSwede

If a person wanted to buy a new Savage Palma Rifle and (horrors) put a scope on it, would he find it factory D&T'd for scope bases as well as target sights?

I'm sure the Palma rifle's action is drilled & tapped for scope bases; it's built on their target action, and they're all drilled & tapped.

Well, I'm not so sure; I guess that's why I asked.

Savage advertises the rifle as being set up for target sights; aperture sights are assumed since it is in fact advertised as a Palma rifle and named as such.

I am unsure whether D&T for target sights contraindicates the ability to D&T for a scope base; hole interferences, etc. I simply don't know and was hoping to hear from someone with the rifle who does know. I'm seriously interested in one but I'd hate to drop that many dimes on the rifle and be unable to mount a scope.

Swede:
You will be fine. The top is D&t'ed just as the others. Ther are no side mount base holes. We offer top iron only or a combo that integrates a rail.

Alan

Palma is drilled and tapped for scope. I ordered one so I called the factory just to be sure. This is a sweet rifle, all the bells and wistles!!! 1/2 moa @ 200yds!!

According to the Shot Show adverts the Savage Palma is also side tapped for Palma style sights also

Last edited:
All four of the 12 Palma rifles we received at the beginning of September had rear sight base mounting holes in the side of the receiver.

I am using a Satern combo 20 moa scope rail/ rear sight base on mine currently.

Palma is drilled and tapped for scope. I ordered one so I called the factory just to be sure. This is a sweet rifle, all the bells and wistles!!! 1/2 moa @ 200yds!!

I'm waiting to pull the trigger on one, too. When you spoke to the factory did they give you any indication of why the Palma rifle is worth $300.00 USD more than their new Benchrest rifle?

All four of the 12 Palma rifles we received at the beginning of September had rear sight base mounting holes in the side of the receiver.

I am using a Satern combo 20 moa scope rail/ rear sight base on mine currently.

Is this what you are taking to Bisley?

Is this what you are taking to Bisley?

No, the 12 F/TR is going to Bisley. Largely due to which cases are fire-formed for which barrel, and the logistics of having to ship the ammunition out ahead of time. Probably going to swap the barrel out and save this one for FCWC but continue to shoot the 12 F/TR for practice, and probably start using the 12 Palma as... a Palma Rifle ;)

Just gotta find someone to buy my 40X Palma rifle.

Monte

Hey Swede

I didn't ask the factory but I assume it is probable the cheek rest and ajustable butt stock and the palma chamber.

Back