San Gabriel Valley Gun Club ...

A

abintx

San Gabriel Valley Gun Club ... is it still there? I'm going out to San Gabriel, CA to visit friends for Thanksgiving and celebrate an in-law's birthday and thought I'd see if I could visit the club. However, info I'm gathering on the internet, indicates that it might be a thing of the past. :eek: Can someone tell me if benchrest matches are still held there? :confused:

Unfortunately it has been gone for a few years. As best as I recall it was located on land that the city or somebody else decided to put to a different use. Much to the annoyance of many local shooters. I believe at least some of the people involved there are hoping to get something going at the Angeles range. I searched back through old posts and it seems it closed Nov. 2006 and apparently it was the city that decided to close it after approx. 60 years of operation

http://www.angelesranges.com/

Last edited:
Thanks Dick. That looks like a nice range with solid cement benches. The pictures link is at the bottom of that page on the left. Thanks again! :)

Thanks Dick. That looks like a nice range with solid cement benches. The pictures link is at the bottom of that page on the left. Thanks again! :)

You are right it sure does look like a nice range!

I am sure Stephen Perry will chime in with some more details but his postings seem to be automatically deleted. I guess he disagreed with somebody too many times.

Yes Dick you are correct about Steve, he means well, but not able to post right now.

It is the typical situation that someone builds or moves into a home that is by a shooting range and knows it is their and even signs papers when buying the home and acknowledges it is there. They are the first ones to start complaining about the noise and sooner or later one of the home owners knows a friend/cousin etc that works in the right place to start the ball rolling to close a range that has been in its location for years.

This is what I know for what its worth, the range leased the land from the rock and gravel company that had their business in this location. The connections that the home owner/owners had were able to get the City to tell the rock company they would not renew their lease/permit unless they shut down the shooting range. And that my fellow shooter is how the system is working against us.

Steve has been very Instrumental in getting the Angeles range going for us benchrest shooters. He hope to start matches in the very near future, pending permits/workers etc.

Yes Dick you are correct about Steve, he means well, but not able to post right now.

It is the typical situation that someone builds or moves into a home that is by a shooting range and knows it is their and even signs papers when buying the home and acknowledges it is there. They are the first ones to start complaining about the noise and sooner or later one of the home owners knows a friend/cousin etc that works in the right place to start the ball rolling to close a range that has been in its location for years.

This is what I know for what its worth, the range leased the land from the rock and gravel company that had their business in this location. The connections that the home owner/owners had were able to get the City to tell the rock company they would not renew their lease/permit unless they shut down the shooting range. And that my fellow shooter is how the system is working against us.

Steve has been very Instrumental in getting the Angeles range going for us benchrest shooters. He hope to start matches in the very near future, pending permits/workers etc.

Tom

Thanks for the information about future benchrest matches at the Angeles Range. I would like to get started in benchrest. Is there any way to get in touch with Stephen Perry outside of this forum?

torinogiorgio

torinogiorgio read your private message I sent you.

Tom

REVISED:

I am not sure I put the right name to respond to a private message. I ment the message to go to Art as there are three benchrest shooter going to Angeles to shoot tomorrow 11/25/09 and the new shooter is welcome to show up and get with them.

Last edited:
Torino

You will need to register with the NBRSA with your real name. As far as goings on with So Cal BR now as Tom said most of are on the traveling circut with Visalia, Phoenix, Ojai, and Sacramento being the closest to you. Practice days are at Angeles Range near Little Tujunga Cyn and Lytle Creek Range near Fontana, both have web sites.
If you join the NBRSA ypu will get a yratly schedule of upcoming Shoots.

My contact info is in the NBRSA News under San Gabriel Valley Benchrest Shooters. If you have tried to call me my phone service is down it will be back up soon user the same number.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Back