Salem 3-Gun and UL results 5/22/11 and a 1st 250 for Fred Blanck

Renegade

We had our first SOTY matches of the year at Salem today with 8 shooters for both the 3-Gun and UL matches. Conditions were pretty good, some clouds, some sun, wind around 5mph but lots of invisible stuff happening off the waterlogged range. Fred Blanck took advantage of the conditions and shot the highest target of the day on UL-2, his first 250 and it was a beauty, with 18X's. What makes it even more remarkable is that Fred shoots a factory barreled Suhl, no tuner, and WOLF MATCH TARGET ammo over a set of home made wind flags and probes!!! NICE JOB, Fred!!!

Here are the top 3 for each target and agg:
Sporter:
Pete Roberson---249-13X
Tim Wagner-----248-12X
Todd Banks-----245-9X

10.5lb:
Bob Griffin------250-16X
Todd Banks-----247-14X
Pete Roberson--246-11X

13.5lb:
Todd Banks-----249-14X
Ken Henderson--248-15X
Bob Griffin------246-10X

3-Gun Agg:
Todd Banks-----741-37X
Bob Griffin------739-32X
Pete Roberson--738-31

UL-1:
Bob Griffin------250-17X
Todd Banks-----250-13X
Fred Blanck-----249-12X

UL-2:
Fred Blanck-----250-18X
Ken Henderson--249-12X
Bob Griffin------248-16X

UL-3:
Ken Henderson--249-16X
Bob Griffin------248-15X
Todd Banks-----247-11X

UL Agg:
Bob Griffin------746-48X
Ken Henderson--745-36X
Todd Banks-----743-36X

Thanks to everyone who helped out, Pete with scoring and cooking, whoever brought my flags in while I was doing paperwork, and everyone else with cleanup after the match. I wouldn't run the matches if it were'nt for you guys!!!!!!!

Next matches at Salem are the NY State 3-Gun Yards and Meters and Northeast Regional Yards and Meters June 11 and 12. Hope to see lots of new faces and all of our regulars then!!
Todd

Nice shooting Fred! Now see, the rest of us just out-think ourselves believing that all this Hi-Priced gadgetry is going to help us in some small way. But NOooo! Here you are shooting through some 35+ year old bare bones factory barrel while using what most of us refer to as Practice Ammo, and then you go out and shoot a 250-18X? And that being done only after shooting a 249-12X with the same set up!!

Way to go • Good shooting • Congratulations • and let's not forget keep it up,

Dave Shattuck

Pete,
We're sorry you couldn't stick around, too. Enjoyed having you shoot with us on Wed.!!

Dave,
Fred is shooting Mike Grahams old Suhl. I'm sure Mike is smiling up in heaven today!
Todd

Congrats Fred! You've been working for that one. Expecting to see a lot more. Looks like you guys had a fine match.
Best,
Michael

Congratulations Fred! Pleasure shooting next to you Sunday. Improved my shooting too, just shot when you did. Expect to see some more from you in a couple weeks.

Ken

Fred,
Great shooting!! Congratulations on your first 250. The second one will come soon.

Paul

Regards the Fred Blanck shooting.... Does anyone know what kind of rubber tape, how much used and where placed on the barrel...???

Thanks
B

Regards the Fred Blanck shooting.... Does anyone know what kind of rubber tape, how much used and where placed on the barrel...???

Thanks
B

It's a process Fred used to tune his barrel using Rubber Electrical tape. Perhaps he will "Splain it" to ya. It is a very interesting approach I must say.

Back