Sacramento benchrest match this weekend 7th & 8th

Tom Libby

Sacramento is holding a benchrest group match this coming weekend.

Saturday 7th LV & HV will be all 200

Sunday 8th HV & LT will be all 100

Dan Lutke
lutke5@sbc@sbcglobal.net
408-241-9759

come and have a good shoot and enjoy yourself.

Tom Libby
SW Director

The Sacramento match really rated up there in my book. It was my first time there and I met a lot of good people. We started with fifteen people shooting.

We had a couple of people there from Washington State. One looked pretty familiar for some reason. I never mustered the juts to say hi or start a conversation. They are on the way to the Cactus Classic and stopped by to shoot. I don't know where they found their travel guide.

On Saturday we shot at 200 yards in the Light Varmint and the Heavy Varmint. I started out okay and quickly ended up on the bottom of the list. I shot some really big groups. It was tough for me personally. I think part of it is when I usually have been shooting at 200 yards it has been for score. Having someone measure them is pretty humbling.

On Sunday we shot at 100 yards Heavy Varmint and then Light Varmint. I had a bench up against the berm that seemed well protected from whatever was happening down range that was making people get all excited.

I won a couple of match's and a second and third place ribbon. I even got in on the picture taking for my first time.

I hope to make it back again some time.

DSC06559sw.jpg

Don't tell anyone about this bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggestions are available. Use up and down arrows to select.

⌂ Home
? Lutkes
⚙ Help

Press ? for keyboard shortcuts.

MATCH REPORT

Dan Lutke
Today at 12:57 PM

To

me

SLOUGHHOUSE BENCHREST SHOOTERS

SACRAMENTO VALLEY SHOOTING FACILITY

MARCH 7&8

FIRST MATCH OF THE YEAR

WEATHER WAS VERY NICE, COLD IN AM 50’S HIGH WAS 70

WIND AND MIRAGE WERE HUGE FACTORS IN THE AFTERNOON SHOOTING SESSIONS

WE HAD 16 SHOOTERS

WE HAD TWO VISITING SHOOTERS ON THE WAY TO THE CACTUS FROM WASHINGTON STATE - MARK WALKER & DOUGLAS SCHWIND

ALSO WE HAD A NEW FIRST TIME SHOOTER - CARSON DUGAL

WE SHOT ALL 200 SAT, AND ALL 100 SUN

LV 100

MATCH WINNERS .187 - .193 - .179 - .125 - .115

SMALL GROUP WAS MICHAEL TANER WITH THE .115

1ST- MICHAEL TANER .2466

2ND- DAN LUTKE .2602

3RD- CARSON DUGAL .2626

LV 200

MATCH WINNERS .395 - .399 - .405 - .390 - .305

SMALL GROUP WAS RAY GARRIC WITH THE .305

1ST- DAN LUTKE .2981

2ND- STEVE EPSTEIN .3098

3RD- MICHAEL TANER .3341

LV GRAND

1ST- DAN LUTKE .2792

2ND- MICHAEL TANER .2903

3RD- STEVE EPSTEIN .3197

4TH- RAY GARRIC .3462

5TH- CARSON DUGAL .3491

HV 100

MATCH WINNERS .154 - .180 - .162 - .109 - .138

SMALL GROUP WAS DAN LUTKE WITH THE .109

1ST- BILL MELLOR .2092

2ND- CARSON DUGAL .2142

3RD- STEVE EPSTEIN .2358

HV 200

MATCH WINNERS .478 - .560 - .405 - .525 - .305

SMALL GROUP WAS BILL MELLOR WITH THE .305

1ST- BILL MELLOR .3172

2ND- MICHAEL TANER .3362

3RD- FRANCIS LEE .3420

HV GRAND

1ST- BILL MELLOR .2632

2ND- STEVE EPSTEIN .3102

3RD- MICHAEL TANER .3153

4TH- MARK WALKER .3235

5TH- FRANCIS LEE .3330

TWO GUN AGG

1ST- MICHAEL TANER .3028

2ND- BILL MELLOR .3069

3RD- DAN LUTKE .3096

4TH- STEVE EPSTEIN .3149

5TH- CARSON DUGAL .3482

WEEKEND OF CLOSE FINISHES

THE TOP THREE IN THE THREE GUN ARE 68 THOUSANDTHS APART

ALL THE YARDAGE WERE WON AND LOST ON THE LAST GROUP, EITHER BY SMALL GROUP TO MOVE UP OR A LARGE GROUP BY THE LEADER AFTER FOUR MATCHS

HAD A GREAT VWEEKND

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS

SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR WASHINGTON VISITORS, AND GREAT SHOOTING TO A FIRST TIMER CARSON DUGAL

DAN

FULL RESULTS ATTCHED

WINNERS PIC
CARSON DUGAL - BILL MELLOR - MICHAEL TANER - DAN LUTKE - STEVE EPSTEIN

Attachments

• SAC MARCH 2015.pdf
    265.3 KB · Views: 246
Hi Tom.
Do you have a match report yet? Just checking to see if the Washington boys did ok.
Thanks,
Jeff

I'm not familiar with the names well enough yet to know how the Washington guys did.

I think they did have an interesting flag concept. At least I think it was them. It was sort of like a regular flag but instead of pivoting right and left it pivoted up and down. With no wind it sort of had it's beak down and tail up in the air. With a slight breeze the tail would drop down and it would sort of reach a balance and level out.

I couldn't watch it in the field of flags I was shooting. It did look sensitive enough it may have been a real aid in knowing when to let off a round. I'm not sure how adjustable it was. It looked like it covered the range of wind speed we were shooting that week end.

I could have easily went down and found out a little more. I'm always missing opportunities like that.

Carson the flags you are talking about are made by Rick graham,and in my opinion they are one of the best flags made for reading wind in benchrest . The smaller flags are there to read the virdicl drift of the wind. Those flags belong to mark walker one of the Washington boys

Gabe

Last edited:
Carson the flags you are talking about are made by Rick graham,and in my opinion they are one of the best flags made for reading wind in benchrest . The smaller flags are there to read the virdicl drift of the wind. Those flags belong to mark walker one of the Washington boys

Gabe

I went to the Graham Wind Flags website at http://www.brflags.com/ but didn't see them listed.

I did a Google image search and I found a picture of one. It linked to another benchrest forums with several pictures of the beak dipper. He listed Graham's as where he got them.

It shows them under richwoods post at March 31 2014, 8:34 AM. It's the greenish yellow one.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/673067/thread/1396026147/Wind+Flags++any+resonable+source+out+there

It looked real sensitive. I was thinking it looked like it was reading the wind speed only finer than those speedometer ones. Those are another flag I would like shoot near by more.

http://benchrest.com/class/index.php?a=2&b=8005

Back