Rules and Commands

Z

Zundel257

Ok, some of you guys have been trying to convince me to jump in with both feet and shoot the match at Rachels Glen. I need to know all the rules and range commands that I will have to follow at this match. Don't want to get disqualified for doing somethig dumb. Thanks!!:cool:

Keep your bolt out of the action at all times. Thats the golden rule.
Stay off of the range once matches have started, until they are completed > no adjusting flags or picking them up after they have blown over.
Don't be afraid to tell people you are new to benchrest, they will be more than willing to help you.
Have fun. Shoot well > welcome. Its harder than it looks.
You will do something dumb > I forgot to put powder in my reloads about first 3 times I reloaded at the range. Its a bad feeling when you pull the trigger and all you hear is "click" > during your first match.

What is the 'check your competitior number' command? Also, is it possible to register to shoot the day of the match or do you need to get all that done the day before? Thanks again for everyone's help, I am excited and nervous at the same time.

Your competitor number is on your target. That way you know your shooting at the right target. Also, about that, their will be a bench number that corelates with the number on the bench that your setting at. Don't get to wrapped up about it. People will walk you through everything as you go. Brady will even sing the commands to you if you want.

One of the competitors you need to hook up with is Dwight St. Romain. Nice guy, great shooter/competitor with a lot of experience. By the end of the weekend, everything will be so repetitive that you'll wonder why you worried about it.

Hovis

If this is a UL 5 shot 200 yd match then how many rounds will I shoot total? I do not have portable loading equipment so I will have to preload my rounds. I know they won't be tuned, but this is the only way i will be able to do it this time.

If this is a UL 5 shot 200 yd match then how many rounds will I shoot total? I do not have portable loading equipment so I will have to preload my rounds. I know they won't be tuned, but this is the only way i will be able to do it this time.

Assuming 10 targets each day, figure 50 record shots plus another 25 for sighters etc, minimum. That's for one day. In your case, you are probably going to need more sighters so plan on 75 to 100 shots per day and you'll be OK.

Benchrest is 50% equipment, 50% shooters ability, and 50% attitude. Never underestimate the attitude. Somebody has to finish last but don't assume it's going to be you. Make your last shot just as important as your first one. The majority of matches are lost by mistakes. Don't make any stupid mistakes and you'll do OK.

Good Luck.

Ray

And good luck "not making any stupid mistakes".........

I once held up the line looking for my hearing protection. I wear plugs with muffs over so I had ear plugs in but I could NOT remember where I set my muffs. I retraced my entire route from weigh-in to bench to tables to coffee thermos to bench to the garbage can until finally I figured "well, I'll just shoot this one using my ear plugs."

It wasn't until I got down on the gun....... and reached up to tip my hat back.

I snuck furtive glances all 'round and didn't see anyone snicker

But a lot of folks weren't looking ;)

good folks

al

Rule One @ Rachel's Glen...

If you meet a guy named Brady and shake hands with him... keep your other hand on your billfold.

Trust me.

Dick Wright

What is the 'check your competitior number' command? Also, is it possible to register to shoot the day of the match or do you need to get all that done the day before? Thanks again for everyone's help, I am excited and nervous at the same time.
Jeff, check your pm's and give me a call

Back