Robinett

dmort

I have been wondering since I first saw your name here if you are related an Army officer that served in North Africia 1942/43. I had to give it a shot.
Thanks

Mort

Last edited:
I have been wondering since I first saw your name here if you are related an Army officer that served in North Africia 1942/43. I had to give it a shot.
Thanks

Mort

It likely wasn't his dad.

https://www.ilesfuneralhomes.com/obituary/Clifford-Guy-Robinett/Boone-Iowa/1886261

You might possibly know an uncle, but Randy may come along and answer your question.

I've known Randy for a lot of years.

One thing I remember about Clifford after having chatted with him a few times is that he loved to talk.

Thanks

Mort

My dad's brother was a bombardier (B-17), flying out of N Africa, and, later, Scicily & Italy. . RG

Last edited:
It likely wasn't his dad.

https://www.ilesfuneralhomes.com/obituary/Clifford-Guy-Robinett/Boone-Iowa/1886261uno online

You might possibly know an uncle, but Randy may come along and answer your question.

I've known Randy for a lot of years.

One thing I remember about Clifford after having chatted with him a few times is that he loved to talk.

On December 25, 1891, in Madras, British India, Kenneth Arthur Noel Anderson was born to Scottish railway engineer Arthur Robert Anderson and Charlotte Gertrude Isabella Duffy Fraser.

More On Robinett

"An Army at Dawn" was one of those books you can't put down. It was written with a great deal of research by Rick Atkison. It was reading this book that I came across the name Robinett. He was a General at the time in North Africa. Atkinson pulls no punches in his critique of a poorly led inexperience American army.
General Robinett was a bright spot.

If you get a chance to read it do so. It's a real education and it won the Pulitzer Prize.

Mort

If you are really interested I can loan you the book. Mailing books is cheap

Last edited:
"An Army at Dawn" was one of those books you can't put down....

If you get a chance to read it do so.

Based on the above, I got that book today, and just started reading it -- it's going to be a long read. So far, the most eye-opening statement I've seen is on page 8: "In September 1939, the U.S. Army had ranked seventeenth in the world in size and combat power."

Back