River Bend Gun Club's 2018 Centerfire Benchrest Match Results

Hunter

Chasin' the Sunset
Feb '18 Match Report

We finally got to shoot again, after a three-month weather-related absence. The temperature was in the low- to mid-50s with light rain after the 4th target; the wind was light.

We had seven shooters today, including Jim Davis (a long-time River Bend member who shot in his first BR match today) and Dan Honert (who drove down from TN). Thanks to both of you for shooting with us today -- come back soon. Jim Andress provided a to-die-for brisket and Charlie Hood stopped by to test some of his loads.

The 100 yard agg was pretty much the Scott Dittman show as he won four of the five targets, and had the small group -- a .1650.
Aggs:
1. Scott Dittman - .1856
2. Jim Andress - .2856
3. Greg Ellis - .3392.

In the 200 yard agg Dan Honert won two of the five targets, and Bill Griffith had the small group -- a .2680. There were several very nice four-shot groups.
Aggs:
1. Dan Honert - .2606
2. Bill Griffith - .2654
3. Greg Ellis - .2983

Grand Aggs:
1. Scott Dittman -.2460
2. Jim Andress - .2929
3. Dan Honert - .3106

Thanks to Jim Andress for running the match and for using his gunsmith skills to get one of the shooters back in the game after a trigger malfunction, and Scott Dittman for scoring, and to all the shooters for being there. It was a nice day!

We're shooting UBR next month -- come shoot with us.

Last edited:
Mar '18 Match Report

We had 15 shooters, including new-to-River Bend shooters Richard Alford (who drove down from KY and shot two relays) and Greg Coontz. The weather was chilly (about 45 when we started and 58 when we finished) with rain beginning on the next-to-last target. Thanks to Phyllis Avery for the nice lunch of Sloppy Joes and sides; also thanks to RBGC for providing this venue for us to shoot, and thanks to Jim Andress for running the match, Scott Dittman for scoring, those of you who helped move the target frames, and to all the shooters for being there. It was a nice day -- chilly, but nice.

Partial results:
100 yd:
Roger Avery 260
Scott Dittman 259
Richard Alford 258 (Unlimited)

200 yd:
Joel Danzig 248
Richard Alford 245 (Unlimited)
Roger Avery 245

Total
Roger Avery 505
Richard Alford 503 (Unlimited)
Joel Danzig 503
Scott Dittman 503

Full results should be on the UBR website soon >>> http://ultimatebenchrest.com/

I assume Roger Avery took home the most money for having the top score of the day. It was a nice day -- chilly and wet, but nice.

We had 15 shooters, including new-to-River Bend shooters Richard Alford (who drove down from KY and shot two relays) and Greg Coontz. The weather was chilly (about 45 when we started and 58 when we finished) with rain beginning on the next-to-last target. Thanks to Phyllis Avery for the nice lunch of Sloppy Joes and sides; also thanks to RBGC for providing this venue for us to shoot, and thanks to Jim Andress for running the match, Scott Dittman for scoring, those of you who helped move the target frames, and to all the shooters for being there. It was a nice day -- chilly, but nice.

Partial results:
100 yd:
Roger Avery 260
Scott Dittman 259
Richard Alford 258 (Unlimited)

200 yd:
Joel Danzig 248
Richard Alford 245 (Unlimited)
Roger Avery 245

Total
Roger Avery 505
Richard Alford 503 (Unlimited)
Joel Danzig 503
Scott Dittman 503

Full results should be on the UBR website soon >>> http://ultimatebenchrest.com/

I assume Roger Avery took home the most money for having the top score of the day. It was a nice day -- chilly and wet, but nice.

Congrats to the winners and all that shot well! Glad to see Roger's name in lights, too... Good shooting! Richard Alford game me the highlights but look forward to hearing full results.

May '18 Match Report

We had 12 shooters, including Lewis Burger (a River Bend member who shot his first BR match today) and Scotty Grimes -- word of the good food must have slipped out to finally get Scotty back over here for a club shoot. :)

We shot a hybrid format today; five IBS targets at each yardage scored with UBR methodology -- i.e., using a caliber-neutral reticle with the dot counting as a point.

Partial results:
100 yd:
Roger Avery 274
Scotty Grimes 270
Dave Rabin 269

200 yd:
Roger Avery 256
Joel Danzig 255
Scott Dittman 255

Total
Roger Avery 530
Dave Rabin 522
Scott Dittman 522

Full results are attached.

The weather was perfect. Thanks to Phyllis Avery for the nice lunch of pork loin, sides, cookies and watermelon; also thanks to RBGC for providing this venue for us to shoot, and thanks to Jim Andress for running the match and scoring, those of you who helped move the target frames, and to all the shooters for being there. It was a nice day.

Attachments

• May '18.pdf
    47.5 KB · Views: 335
Jun '18 Match Report

We had 13 shooters today, including Ken Floyd (shooting his first BR match), Dan Honert (who drove down from TN) and long-absent Hal Barnes.

The 100 yard agg was close between Roger Avery and Dave Rabin (Roger shot two screamers -- with the small group of .083), and Hal Barnes shot his first teen agg.
Aggs:
1. Dave Rabin - .1418
2. Roger Avery - .1458
3. Hal Barnes - .1936.

In the 200 yard agg Roger left everyone in the dust -- with another screamer (and small group of .081).
Aggs:
1. Roger Avery - .1681
2. Joel Danzig - .2309
3. Dan Honert - .2627

Grand Aggs:
1. Roger Avery -.1570
2. Dave Rabin - .2239
3. Dan Honert - .2629

Full results attached.

The temperature was in the low 70s at the start and high 80s at the end -- the weather was perfect. Thanks to Phyllis Avery for the nice lunch of over-sized hot dogs, sides and watermelon, and to Dee Griffith for brownies; also thanks to RBGC for providing this venue for us to shoot, and thanks to Jim Andress for running the match and scoring, those of you who helped move the target frames, and to all the shooters for being there. It was a nice day.

Attachments

• Jun 18.pdf
    68 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Jul '18 Match Report

We shot UBR today and had 11 shooters, including long-absent Bill Shaver (who shot his second BR match at River Bend). The weather was nice and the wind was very mild. Thanks to RBGC for providing this venue for us to shoot, and thanks to Jim Andress for running the match and scoring, those of you who helped move the target frames, and to all the shooters for being there.

Partial results:
100 yd:
Chris Gibby 263
Scott Dittman 257
Dave Rabin 257

200 yd:
Chris Gibby 251
Joel Danzig 250
Scott Dittman 247

Total
Chris Gibby 514
Scott Dittman 504
Joel Danzig 503

We shot UBR today and had 11 shooters, including long-absent Bill Shaver (who shot his second BR match at River Bend). The weather was nice and the wind was very mild. Thanks to RBGC for providing this venue for us to shoot, and thanks to Jim Andress for running the match and scoring, those of you who helped move the target frames, and to all the shooters for being there.

Partial results:
100 yd:
Chris Gibby 263
Scott Dittman 257
Dave Rabin 257

200 yd:
Chris Gibby 251
Joel Danzig 250
Scott Dittman 247

Total
Chris Gibby 514
Scott Dittman 504
Joel Danzig 503

514!! Great shooting! Way to gitter done, Chris!

I do not know which is worst, letting Roger Avery win or Dan Honert, I will have to think about that one. EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug '18 Match Report

We had 14 shooters today, including Chris Chastain (shooting his first CF BR match) and Dan Honert (who drove down from TN). This was the Chris Gibby and Joel Danzig show today.

The top three 100 yard aggs were:

1. Chris Gibby - .1974
2. Joel Danzig - .2158
3. Miles Gibby - .2450

Chris shot a screamer right out of the gate -- a .070.

The top three 200 yard aggs were:.

1. Joel Danzig - .3001
2. Chris Gibby - .3324
3. Charlie Hood - .3354

Grand Aggs:
1. Joel Danzig - .2580
2. Chris Gibby - .2649
3. Miles Gibby - .2923

Full results attached.

The temperature was in the mid 70s at the start and high 80s at the end -- the weather was perfect. Thanks to Charlie Hood for the nice lunch of brisket, cole slaw and potato salad; also thanks to RBGC for providing this venue for us to shoot, and thanks to Jim Andress for running the match, Scott Dittman for scoring, those of you who helped move the target frames, and to all the shooters for being there. It was a nice day.

We'll be shooting score next month (second Sat) -- it will either be UBR or, I suspect, a modified version of UBR where we use IBS targets and a caliber neutral reticle.

Attachments

• Aug '18.pdf
    76.4 KB · Views: 242
Sept '18 Match Report

We shot UBR today and had 7 shooters, including Jim Harris (a River Bend member who shot his second benchrest match with us today); some of our regulars must be at Holton. The weather was nice and the wind was mild. Thanks to RBGC for providing this venue for us to shoot, and thanks to Scott Dittman for taking over in Jim Andress' absence and for scoring, and thanks to those of you who helped move the target frames, and to all the shooters for being there.

Partial results:
100 yd:
Scott Dittman 261
Bill Griffith 257
Joel Danzig 255

200 yd:
Scott Dittman 246
Bill Dittman 246
Joel Danzig 246

Total
Scott Dittman 507
Joel Danzig 501
Bill Griffith 500

Full results attached.

Attachments

• Sep '18 River Bend.pdf
    107.2 KB · Views: 233
Oct '18 Match Report

We had 11 shooters today, including long-absent Tom Dulany (escaped from Hurricane Michael) and Jack Perry.

The top three 100 yard aggs were:
1. Roger Avery - .1916
2. Alan Wofford - .25244
3. Joe Bougard - .2594

The top three 200 yard aggs were:.
1. Joel Danzig - .2762
2. Roger Avery - .3153
3. Alan Wofford - .3784

Grand Aggs:
1.Roger Avery - .2536
2. Joel Danzig - .3082
3. Alan Wofford - .3164

Full results attached.

Thanks to Jim Andress for providing a nice lunch for all of us; also thanks to RBGC for providing this venue for us to shoot, and thanks to Jim Andress for running the match, Scott Dittman for scoring, those of you who helped move the target frames, and to all the shooters for being there. It was a nice day.

Attachments

• Oct '18.pdf
    65.4 KB · Views: 221
Brady Knight Memorial -- Nov 10 & 11, 2018

We had 28 shooters, including new-to-BR shooter Darrell Allen from AL, shoot the Brady Knight Memorial Tournament at River Bend on Nov 10th & 11th. Wilbur was on his way Sat AM but got called back to help a relative who needed assistance.

The temp on my truck thermometer when I rolled in about 7:45 Sat AM was 32°; Sun AM it was 30°; I don't think it got above the mid-50s either day. The wind Sat was breezy enough to make it pretty uncomfortable.

Scott Mims came to visit, and he looked great; clean-shaven and a nice haircut -- he looked like a banker. Jim Andress provided a nice low-country boil Sat night and roast beef sandwiches for lunch Sat and Sun. I can't imagine any other venues that treat you as nice as River Bend -- if you haven't been there you should try to do so one day.

As for the shooting, Jeff Graves won three of the four aggs and won the two-gun with a .2156. I don't have the sheets that show the grand aggs and the two-gun; however, the attached should suffice for those calculations, if you're interested. Here's an interesting bit of trivia -- Glen Nelson started the shooting Sat AM with a nice screamer (.099); however, he put his second sighter shot in "No-Man's Land" in the middle of the target. (EDIT -- I got out my trusty calculator and sharpened my pencil and put together an "unofficial" two-gun list -- if you see any errors feel free to let me know.)

Thanks to RBGC for providing this venue, and thanks to Jim Andress for running the match, Tee and Summer for fetching the targets, Bill Dittman for running the computer and managing the wailing wall, those of you who helped move the target frames, and to all the shooters for being there. It was a nice weekend.

Attachments

• Nov 18.pdf
    177.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Nov '18 Two-Gun - Unofficial.pdf
    108.1 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Dec Match Cancellation

FYI -

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 12:32 PM
To:
Subject: December Benchrest Cancellation

Due to the forecast inclement weather (below 40* with rain) I don’t see any reason for anyone to brave the elements this Saturday.

Jim
============

Hopefully, the Jan match (second Sat in Jan) will not be cancelled.

Back