Request for information

I am looking at a Air Force Condor SS for my grandson in 22 cal. I see a company called Talon Air Guns that provides a Talon Tunes extra along with other options and a lifetime guarantee. Rifle to be for hunting 50 yds or less.
Don't know the first thing about air rifles. Saw this rifle at the NRA show this month. We are past the BB gun now.
Any and all comments requested.
Centerfire

Air Rifle choices

In the 400 to 700.00 price range there are many choices in .22 cal. For a first air rifle out of the BB gun class you may want to look a a Spring Piston rifle instead of the Pre-charge air rifles.
The latter requires investment in a air tank and hose and gauge that could be near the cost of the rifle. I am assuming you will mount a scope. I have the new Walther LGU in .177. It is available in .22. Not knowing the game you will hunt the power would be sufficient. You do have noise when cocking. In Texas no game animal can be hunted with an air rifle, only pest.

Two other spring piston rifle are really accurate. The Air Arms TX200 and the HW97. Are great guns in the same price range. The Benjamin Marauder in the Pre Charge would be my choice in that price range. www.pyramidair.com Check out http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574 for used air rifles and some forums if you would like more input from air gunners.

Good ShootN'

Bob

Back