Remington XBR scope turrets

mshelton

I recently picked up a Rmingotn XBR 20x scope, the scope is in great shape, serial number 516, has the Rem/Walker made rings and I plan on using it on a rifle.

I've read a lot on the history of these scopes, have wanted one for a while and look forward to using it. One question I did have though is about the turrets, can they be zeroed or rezeroed, I don't know what would be the correct term. I see there are 2 hex set screws on either side of the turrets that make me think they can be adjusted but after losening then the they do not spin freely to be reindexed so before I go unscrewing them further I figured I'd ask.

Also would it be considered an act heresy to mount it on a 52E?

I recently picked up a Rmingotn XBR 20x scope, the scope is in great shape, serial number 516, has the Rem/Walker made rings and I plan on using it on a rifle.

I've read a lot on the history of these scopes, have wanted one for a while and look forward to using it. One question I did have though is about the turrets, can they be zeroed or rezeroed, I don't know what would be the correct term. I see there are 2 hex set screws on either side of the turrets that make me think they can be adjusted but after losening then the they do not spin freely to be reindexed so before I go unscrewing them further I figured I'd ask.

Also would it be considered an act heresy to mount it on a 52E?

Just remember that it mounts on the receiver and not the barrel. I'll look for a phone number of the guy I sold my 3 or the number of a friend that researched and wrote articles about them for the Precision Shooting magazine.

Back