Remington Scope

Gene DeLoney

I am curious as to what the value might be of a Remington 20X scope that was available from Remington back in the early 70's.
It looks very much like the Unertyl BV 20 with the external mounts.
I am tryng to sell it for a friend and have no idea as to the value.
Thanks, Gene

I'm interested to - I know someone who has 6 or 7 total - some 20x and other 24X - all I believe in good shape. Interested in selling them - I believe a couple have original paperwork and most if not all have the original tube they came in.

Thanks

Do a search for Remington scopes here on BR Central. I addressed this about three years ago with the information I had. Seems like this topic comes up about once a year an I hear from shooters probably three or four times a year looking for information. I believe the article I wrote for PS was in 1994 so maybe Brennan has a copy on file. Try contacting Dave Brennan at PS magazine as maybe he can send you the complete article. As far as the value of the scope........ I've heard of them going as high as $850 with the normal being $500 to $600. If you have the tube with the instruction sheet and there is someone who just has to have one I'd hate to think what it would go for. If you have any questions let me know.

Jeff Aberegg

Thanks Jeff.........This is exactly what I was looking for. This one is complete with original plastic packing tube, instruction sheet and mounting blocks for flat and round receivers. Only thing gone are the scope caps which have crumbled into confetti.

Thanks again, Gene

Back