Remington clone

Need a little help. Am looking for a rem clone short action with 18tpi instead of 16tpi. Also with a bolt handle just like rem. If push comes to shove I suppose I could cut 16tpi over the 18 tpi that are already on the barrel an just use a std. rem receiver. Not an ideal solution but doable.

give stiller actions a call.

Stiller's Predator action have a remington bolt clone with 11 degree curved bolt handle. there actions are usually sold out and have to make them when ordered.

Maybe they can make one with 18TPI.

Never hurts to ask!

18 TPI threads

Kelbly makes the Atlas receiver with those specs and is a very fine choice.
Later, Mark Buettgen
Bartlein Barrels Inc

Martin, to add a bit to Mark's excellent advice:

On a standard Atlas, the headspace is .692 and the recoil lug is .250. Kelbly's offers a .173 spacer that fits between the recoil lug and the barrel to allow the use of 1.115 Panda/Kodiak barrels.On my Atlas, 'Humble' Henry Rivers chambered a barrel to Panda specs for it without having the action in hand. When the lug, spacer and barrel were screwed on here, the headspace came out dead on. Pulling out six other 1.115 head space barrels, all fit like a glove. For a guy like me that doesn't do his own barrels, being able to have a precision machinist chamber one up 'long distance' is a huge deal. Hats off to Kelbly's for some forward thinking.

I understand that Jim Borden also offers an action/lug/spacer setup that accept the 1.115 'Panda' standard barrels.

You can see the spacer in this pic:

aDMLE4Pl.jpg

Martin, to add a bit to Mark's excellent advice:

On a standard Atlas, the headspace is .692 and the recoil lug is .250. Kelbly's offers a .173 spacer that fits between the recoil lug and the barrel to allow the use of 1.115 Panda/Kodiak barrels.On my Atlas, 'Humble' Henry Rivers chambered a barrel to Panda specs for it without having the action in hand. When the lug, spacer and barrel were screwed on here, the headspace came out dead on. Pulling out six other 1.115 head space barrels, all fit like a glove. For a guy like me that doesn't do his own barrels, being able to have a precision machinist chamber one up 'long distance' is a huge deal. Hats off to Kelbly's for some forward thinking.

I understand that Jim Borden also offers an action/lug/spacer setup that accept the 1.115 'Panda' standard barrels.

You can see the spacer in this pic:

aDMLE4Pl.jpg

Al,
Pretty slick solution. Thanks for the input.

Back