Remington action to 6PPC

jaberegg

Need some help. Got two SS solid bottom Remington actions from Lester. They are 308 bolt face and I want to turn one into a 6 PPC for the custom class at Harrison, MI. Whats the best way to convert the action to, extractor/ejector on these actions? Is there someone you know who can do this or what's the best way. As you know, I have the bull by the horns and just trying to make it right. Thanks for you input.

Jeff Aberegg

A'gain (sorry Mike) I'm gonna' side with mwezell here.... I too think the better option is the PTG bolt.

BUT

That said, I've had Karl Feldkamp do fluting for me several times and the man is a freakin' artiste! Kampfeld Custom does topnotch work.

Need some help. Got two SS solid bottom Remington actions from Lester. They are 308 bolt face and I want to turn one into a 6 PPC for the custom class at Harrison, MI. Whats the best way to convert the action to, extractor/ejector on these actions? Is there someone you know who can do this or what's the best way. As you know, I have the bull by the horns and just trying to make it right. Thanks for you input.

Jeff Aberegg

I happen to have a nice 40X (722) sleeved coned sako extractor bolt somewhere in my shop. It was part of my first 6ppc bench gun. A customer talked me out of the gun but didn't want a 6ppc. You can contact me at 814-323-5607.

I happen to have a nice 40X (722) sleeved coned sako extractor bolt somewhere in my shop. It was part of my first 6ppc bench gun. A customer talked me out of the gun but didn't want a 6ppc. You can contact me at 814-323-5607

Now that I think about it ,it is an older bolt that doesn't have the slot in the right hand lug. Sorry for the misleading info!

Thanks everyone. Talked to Butch Lambert the other day and when Butch talks I listen. He told me to contact Pete Piper, so I did. Pete is going to true the bolt and add the Sako extractor for me.

Jeff Aberegg

Thanks everyone. Talked to Butch Lambert the other day and when Butch talks I listen. He told me to contact Pete Piper, so I did. Pete is going to true the bolt and add the Sako extractor for me. Jeff Aberegg

Good deal, Jeff. :) -Al

Back