rem 700 x mark trigger info

ndh78

A fellow brought me a 700 in pieces from another smith. The bolt stop release doesn't fit and this is a xmark trigger. My question is do they have a different release? I don't have any in the shop to compare. I think someone got the parts mixed up. If it is different does anybody have one or know where i can get it. Brownells just lists one part number for the old style.

Sounds like you do have mixed up parts.They are different in many areas. Most people won't take an X Mark trigger apart. I took them on as a challenge. Brownells sells complete X Mark triggers. I may have some for sale here soon.

Dave

I took it apart and stoned the trigger and got a nice 2lb pull out of it. It is actually easier to take apart because the pins aren't pressed in like the old ones. One pin and the trigger comes right out and it is one pieces too. The glue on the screws however were a different story, why would they advertise it as being adjustable and then glue the sob up? lol. Anyway not much different than the old ones really.

Back