Re Crown

Flat top

I’ve seen post different places about having a barrel “Recrown” is this from shooting
wear or bad cleaning habit’s

Also occurring when you lead the match and someone kindly re crown your brl with a screwdriver or an Allen wrench. Well known in France.
On my own I had a bumped scope during a National in 2016.

Yea, people bump your stuff. One weekend shooting front and rear bag. Just enough to be a PITA. That couple is gone.
I think, they also moved my powder measure. That was the first time, they were shooting with us. Learned to mark both with a sharpie....

I have done the re crown thing a few times. It did not help the barrel. And was a waste of money. 30X magnifier or Teslong bore camera can tell you a lot.

If you're unlucky like I am when you you push a tight patch through the bore, the mismatched combo of rod end thread direction and barrel twist direction can cause the jag and or adapter to unscrew.. Be sure to tighten it back up before pulling the rod back through. Dragging that little gap back over the crown can damage it and the rifling or so I've read. A good reason to consider counterboring your muzzle end.

Back