RE-17 is available!!!

tiny68

Just in case anyone is looking, Gene Sears in El Reno, OK, has over 700 lbs of RE-17 in stock as of today. Mostly 1lb bottle. Only a few 5s. I got a couple of lbs on the way.

Luck, tiny

Just in case anyone is looking, Gene Sears in El Reno, OK, has over 700 lbs of RE-17 in stock as of today. Mostly 1lb bottle. Only a few 5s. I got a couple of lbs on the way.

Luck, tiny

I was under the impression that RE-17 might produce more velocity in a 6x47 Lapua compared to H 4350 so I stayed on top of the delivery of the powder from the distributor. The guys in OK were kind enough to contact me when it came in so I have 5#'s on the way.
I'm eager to compare velocities at pressure signs with several powders in this particular case.:D
Merry Christmas
vinny

The last I heard, there weren't going to be any 5Lb. jugs available in this latest shipment of RL17. I'm still waiting a call or e-mail from PV when they receive their next shipment - and hoping they're not so buried in orders that they won't have time to do that.

I like RL17 in my 284s, but am not sure it'll be much better than N160 in the 6x47s.

Third Generation shooting supply in OK has 1# containers. I haven't tried N160, I planned on trying H4350, N560, Norma URP and RE-17.
vinny

FYI
Gene Sears is a wholesale distributor so chances are that they will be cheaper than Powder Valley. It is also my understanding that Gene did get some 5#ers of RE17. I have done business with both Gene and Powder Valley and have had great experiences with both. I just had to put in a plug for Gene as with my limited experience with dealing with him he has gone above and beyond what he needed to and is just a great guy to deal with.

James

Gene Sears

If you do decide to order from Gene and are a member of a shooting club, be sure to tell them when they set up your account. It is worth 10% off reloading supplies. I have got powder by mail from him 3 or 4 and the hazmat has only been $10. Everyone else wants $20 I have dealt with. I usually just make the drive a couple of times a year to their store or meet there truck on the way to Dallas. Good guys in my book. Tim

Back