Rachel's Glen spring match....

MColeman

Club Coordinator
will be April 5-6. We will shoot four guns @ 200 yards with 5 shot unlimited. This is a return to our old format. We will shoot Unl/HV on Saturday and LV/Sp on Sunday. No bench rotation.

We will have a lunch on Saturday and Sunday as usual. Ten bucks gets both lunches. I'll have a hot dog supper on Friday night for those who want a quick bite. No charge. It's on me.

Have put in more water outlets for those who were not here in October. Camping (electicity hookup for any vehicle) is still $7 a night.

Try to make it if you can. We will, as usual, do everything we can to put on a great shoot.

Jerry and Jim, I will admit that we take great pride in our matches. They are run as good as you'll ever find but we work our butts off to get it done. I deeply appreciate both of you making the efforts that you do to make it worthwhile to keep holding matches. We're the last benchrest range in Alabama but we're going to keep going as long as possible.

We're only having two relays because I'm not expecting over 40 shooters. To have a third relay runs the target cost up with wasted targets plus it works the target crew 30% more. I've already talked with Brady and he won't run so fast. You'll have plenty of time and if it gets too fast just tell Brady to slow down. The target crew has already said they can slow him down by not running targets so fast.

An upside to only two relays is that we should get through some time around lunch on Sunday so the shooters can get an early start home. See y'all at the Glen.

I am also looking forward to it.

Mickey I will be there. Everyone depends om me being there so they know they won't come in last.

Glen

Mr. Coleman.

I tried your email but your "spam arrest" kept kicking me out because I go though a firewall on the way "out"....

QUOTE=MColeman;391815]Jerry and Jim, I will admit that we take great pride in our matches.... We're the last benchrest range in Alabama but we're going to keep going as long as possible.

Mr. Coleman, I've not met you, but I have a friend who speaks well of you (J.Mc.), and my father (Waylan) once visited with you for an afternoon - he holds you in high regard.

I'd like to visit and shoot with you folks, but I'm not much of a formal target shooter. If you could forgive that, please tell me how I go about registering to shoot in your match.

I'm not sure what I have to shoot that would be appropriate (unless you can get Jim Mc in Selma to "hurry up" my short 20 PPC he's currently building, but then that would require that Mr. Kiff to "hurry up" on the reamer, and Douglas to "hurry up the barrel, and Redding the dies...etc, etc...) - So that's pretty much out of the question.

Regardless, I'd love to come anyway. Please email me the pertinent info. Heck, I have a factory Sako AI SS 6 PPC… I'll shoot it - so long as I can get a free hotdog… Its on you, right, that’s what you said…

Thanks for what you’re doing,

Jeff.

Jeff-- Come on down

You will never met a finer person than Mickey or any of the other shooters for that matter. You are welcome to share a bench with me> I have a good set of flags. I have a 6br in a 3'' stock that is almost competive, an extra rest and what loading equipment I dont have we can borrow from Mickey. If you wish to phone me to see what to expect call 205 932 7773. You will find everyone helpful

Jeff,
Try benchrest5@wildblue.net and you'll make it fine. I no longer use spam arrest.

I talked with your dad a while back and he said that y'all might come down. The hot dog supper is on Friday night so try to get down Friday afternoon so you can set up and register. It's tough on me trying to register folks on Saturday when we're trying to get the match started. We'll draw for benches on Friday afternoon at about 4pm.

Looking forward to seeing you. Is your dad coming down, too?

If you like you can shoot my rifle during the match. All it will cost you is the bullets you shoot. It's a 6PPC or a 6Beggs, Panda right bolt left port with a March scope and a Farley rest.

Titusville's Coming

George Parise and I will be there. Hope to see you at Dublin

Fred Mastin

Back