Quick Release Rings Help

J

jcart01

I am looking for a quality set of quick detach rings to go on a picatinny base. I know there are plenty of Weaver style rings to choose from but I understand Weaver style rings will leave a bit of wiggle room if used on a picatinny base. Thoughts or suggestions? Please keep in mind i am looking for quality. I have considered the Leupold or Warne offerings but they seem to both be Weaver only. Leupolds say use for any picatinny style, something about this tells me its actually Weaver specs but Im not sure.

Looking for 1" quick detach medium height rings for a picatinny base.

Suggest

Going for the Leupold QRW rings. I put them on my RRA and no problem.
Just move scope toward the muzzel (just a little bit) as you tighten the clamps.
The moving of the scope is to imitate recoil and you want the scope going in the correct direction.
Absolutely no problem holding zero, taking the scope off and on.
I know what your looking for regarding interference fit between the two rails but the Leupold works for both.
Centerfire

As long as the clamping is done with a separate piece, it seems to me that there is no advantage of Picatinny rings over Weaver, on a Picatinny base, as long as you put forward pressure on scope/ring assembly while tightening rings to base, which should be done no matter which you choose. I have run into a problem trying to fit Burris Zee rings to Picatinny bases. Those rings have one piece bottoms rather than loose clamping pieces.

Quick release in no problem. Quick return to zero is a huge problem. I have ran the gamut of quick detach rings for a Picatinny rail. The only one that holds within a 1/4 m.o.a. after reinstall is the GDI mount pricy but good. You can take the GDI mount and record setting for multiple rifles and swap scope/mount between them and zero will be closer than a .10 mil adjustment can rectify. It is that good.

I gave up on the QRW on the Pic rails that I have fitted. They didn't sit square & screwed up the windage. I use Nightforce rings now.

Back