Question regard Houston Warehouse Secrets

10ring

I read the "Secrets of the Houston Warehouse" article posted as a sticky in this section and have a question. At the very end of the article Virgil is said to have implied something about case prep as being very important to reduce group size. Does anyone know what secret that was?

At a different location in the article he talks about doing something with sandpaper to make bullet seating more consistent. I got the impression this was on the inside of the neck.

Then there was mention of using fine sand paper to remove the slight grooves left from neck turning.

Any idea what other case prep operation would make a 33% difference in group size?

basically line boring the inside of the neck along with outside turning.
me thinks one of the secrets is a very smooth inside neck.
the shape of cases makes this tuff to do...not impossible

case length. +/- .003" or so. Bill Gammon thought this real important. As have others...
Did ya see the end where he mention using a Velcro fuzzy on the rest stop post...? Or you could move the firearm back ever so slightly.

case length. +/- .003" or so. Bill Gammon thought this real important. As have others...
Did ya see the end where he mention using a Velcro fuzzy on the rest stop post...? Or you could move the firearm back ever so slightly.

I thought I had read about the velcro fuzzy in Tony Boyer's book.

That reminds me, I need to put some velcro fuzzy on my front post. ?

Back