Question for rimfire gunsmiths...

dickw

I need a benchrest quality trigger for my old Model 75 Winchester sporter. It's been my squirrel rifle for over forty years but I have recently started shooting it in BR matches and egg shoots. It's surprisingly accurate but the trigger is driving me crazy. I had a local, very good, gunsmith take it down to 2 lbs. which is light a pull as he could get safely. I need something under one pound, preferrably well under a pound.

Can somebody make me a safe trigger? This a fairly valuable collector gun and I don't want to buy another.

Thanks,

Dick Wright

Dick, Volauartsen used to make some custom trigger parts IIRC. if he doesn't he may know who does. I have a M75 and I think it has an integral trigger instead of a modular.

Volauartsen.com

Jerry,

Thanks. I'll check them out. I had a good local gunsmith take the trigger down to 2 lb. That's as light as he could get it considering safety. Great for a hunting gun but not so great for a bench gun. I do find that the more I practice, the more I learn and the better I get. Since I'm getting to be a lazy olde phartte I like the "No Reloading" part of rimfire. I keep looking for a cheap ammo that doesn't throw occasional flyers... You know that ain't gonna happen...

Are you coming to Holton for the NBRSA Nats?

Dick

Thanks. I'll check them out. I had a good local gunsmith take the trigger down to 2 lb. That's as light as he could get it considering safety. Great for a hunting gun but not so great for a bench gun. I do find that the more I practice, the more I learn and the better I get. Since I'm getting to be a lazy olde phartte I like the "No Reloading" part of rimfire. I keep looking for a cheap ammo that doesn't throw occasional flyers... You know that ain't gonna happen...

Are you coming to Holton for the NBRSA Nats?

Dick
Yep, I'll be at Holton and I have your powder?

On the cheap rim fire sort it by weight and it will do some better, AND, good luck in finding cheap ammo.

Back